The Incredibles

Started by modage, July 28, 2003, 10:05:49 AM

modage

this will, eventually be coming out so.......

Incredibles Cast And Story Info
Source: Box Office Prophets Monday, July 28, 2003

Box Office Prophets reports on more details for Pixar's The Incredibles:

The story follows the adventures of a dysfunctional family of high-profile superheroes who are trying to live a quiet life in the suburbs after having been placed there by the Witness Protection Program to protect them from a particularly ingenious supervillain (here's hoping it's Hank Scorpio). This quiet and idyllic existence is shattered when The Incredibles are called into action to save the world, led by Mr. Incredible, who is the father and head of household. What results is a comedy of errors as the family disagreements start to come out during super-powered battles with the baddies. For example, the daughter of the family dates the son of the arch-nemesis (girls always like rebels), and Mr. Incredible is alarmed to find that the rotten kid has X-ray vision.

Craig T. Nelson will provide the voice for Mr. Incredible, while other cast members include Samuel L. Jackson as the main arch-nemesis, Jason Lee, Holly Hunter and Wallace Shawn. A cameo from Jerry Springer (as himself) is even rumored.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

I thought the trailer looked great.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Ghostboy

Plus, it's written and directed by Brad Bird, who, between working on The Simpsons and writing and directing The Iron Giant, officially qualifies as awesome.

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: GhostboyPlus, it's written and directed by Brad Bird, who, between working on The Simpsons and writing and directing The Iron Giant, officially qualifies as awesome.

That alone will be worth the price of admission!

Nick

Pubrick

Brad Bird was only responsible for a couple of early Krusty episodes, they're classic tho:  the one where sideshow bob frames him, and where he's reunited with his pops.

so yeah, that and iron giant is ekzellent enuff to warrant this dude a great talent.
under the paving stones.

modage

Meet Pixar's The Incredibles!
Source: Animated-Movies Sunday, October 12, 2003

Disney & Pixar gave a first look at the cast of The Incredibles during three commercial breaks on The Wonderful World of Disney Saturday night. Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter, Samuel L. Jackson, Jason Lee, and John Ratzenberger were all confirmed as part of the voice cast.

CG Talk has up a 45-second clip from the preview http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=93735
while Animated-Movies has posted many screenshots from the clips and even more can be found here and here!
http://www.digitaldoo.com/theincredibles.html
http://www.digitaldoo.com/theincredibles2.html

The animated adventure is about a family of undercover superheroes who try to live the quiet suburban life but are forced into action to save the world. Disney will release the film on November 5, 2004.

------------------------------------------------------------

that 45 second clip looks really *incredible.  i cant wait for this.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Weak2ndAct

Am I the only one sitting here going... "Craig T. Nelson... what the fuck?"  But still, he was the villain in 'Action Jackson.'

Just Withnail

This looks just fabulous. I'm praying Pixars winning streak never ends, and it sure doesn't look like it. As long as they keep 'em coming once a year, instead of spitting out two or three in a quality comparable with what Disney does now a days.

modage

modage

WATCH A SNEAK PEEK OF A NEW PIXAR SHORT ENTITLED "BOUNDIN" HERE...
http://www.pixar.com/shorts/bdn/

modage

i hadnt seen the movie in a year or more and just watched it again last nite.  i looked everywhere for the damn picture.

Almost Famous or Untitled?
context, context, context.

modage

well, I hadnt seen either since the Untitled DVD was released probably.  but last night since it was late, I watched theatrical cut.

modage

on the NEXT pixar film after Incredibles...

Disney & Pixar Announce the Cars Voice Cast
Source: Walt Disney Pictures, Pixar Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Film legend Paul Newman has been set to lend his voice to a car character in the upcoming animated feature, Cars, the latest film from Pixar Animation Studios' Academy Award-winning director John Lasseter (Toy Story, Toy Story 2, and A Bug's Life) and presented by Walt Disney Pictures.

In conjunction with this new role, Newman will take the wheel of the Disney/Pixar sponsored racecar on January 31st and February 1st at "The Rolex 24 At Daytona" race in an attempt to break his own record. Newman holds a place in the Guinness Book of World Records as the oldest driver to win a professionally sanctioned race in 1995 at Daytona. Racing on a team with NASCAR champ Kyle Petty, Michael Brockman, and Gunnar Jeannette, Newman is hoping to establish a new record at the age of 79. The car he will be driving is a Fabcar-Porsche Daytona Prototype.

Cars, the seventh animated feature to be created by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures, is a high octane adventure comedy that features a wide assortment of cars as characters who get their kicks on Route 66. In addition to Paul Newman, the voice cast includes NASCAR legend Richard Petty, as well as Owen Wilson (Shanghai Knights), Bonnie Hunt (Monsters, Inc.), and Dan Whitney (Bravo's Larry the Cable Guy). Cars is being produced by Darla K. Anderson (A Bug's Life, Monsters, Inc.), and is due to be released holiday, 2005.

Commenting on the announcement, Newman said, "It's great to have another shot at Daytona and to be teamed up with some of the best drivers in the world. We've got a competitive car, thanks to Disney and Pixar, and we're ready for the challenge. I'm also looking forward to having some fun playing a car for John Lasseter in the film 'Cars.'"

Pixar's Lasseter added, "Paul Newman is an acting and racing legend. He is one of the greatest actors of all time, and his love and close association with automobiles makes him the perfect choice for our film. I can't wait to see him beat his own record at Daytona and he'll have a lot fans here at Pixar cheering him on."

Dick Cook, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios, said, "It's always a great pleasure working with the incredible team at Pixar. 'Cars' is going to deliver just what audiences have come to expect from them -- great storytelling, cutting edge animation, and superb acting from the animated characters and the actors who play them. Having Paul Newman and Richard Petty providing voices is inspired casting and will add to the fun. All of us at Disney are also excited to be co-sponsoring Paul's car at Daytona and know that he'll do us proud."