Where The Wild Things Are

Started by tpfkabi, November 27, 2003, 09:31:27 PM

Stefen

haha, well, congratulations, I suppose.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Sleepless on August 22, 2009, 08:32:34 PM
Quote from: Stefen on June 04, 2009, 12:41:27 AM
lol. nobody here will ever have children.

So..........

my wife is pregnant  :shock:

But is it yours? Statement could still prove to be true.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

JUMP ON THIS! Tix still available.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

for petes sake

Stefen

Quote from: for petes sake on August 26, 2009, 08:26:35 PM
Dang, $75.

Small price to pay to be the fucking man here. $75 and you can be the xixax em vee muthafucking pee.

Pozer

only MacGuffin and SiliasRuby can afford it.

i aint allowed to see it without the niece and nephew.

72teeth

what has two thumbs and will be seeing this shit before most...? 
   :yabbse-grin:
:yabbse-thumbup: :yabbse-thumbup:
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Stefen

Quote from: 72teeth on August 27, 2009, 12:03:19 AM
what has two thumbs and will be seeing this shit before most...? 
   :yabbse-grin:
:yabbse-thumbup: :yabbse-thumbup:

You're Xixax's Most Valuable Poster.

modage

they're also doing this:

September 29: Chicago
September 30: San Francisco
October 1: Los Angeles
October 5: Boston
October 6: Ann Arbor
October 7: Seattle
October 14: New York City

http://www.826national.org/article/191/the-wild-things-are-coming-to-your-city

some tix onsale now.  none as expensive as LA (so far).
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

You going to the NYC showing, Mod?

pete, you going to the San Fran showing?

modage

i'm waiting for the tickets to go onsale.  and hoping its not too expensive since its only 2 days before the movie actually comes out.  MOMA is also doing a Spike Jonze retrospective that I want to go to. 

In Cahoots: Maurice Sendak and Spike Jonze
Thursday, October 8
8:00

Spike Jonze had been friends with Maurice Sendak for more than five years before he and Dave Eggers began working on their adaptation of Where the Wild Things Are, recognizing in Sendak a passionate, daring, truthful, and, yes, wildly imaginative artist, and a fellow imp of the perverse. In these short films, made while Wild Things was in production, a sometimes melancholy but always wickedly funny Sendak reflects on his Depression-era childhood in the Brooklyn shtetl, a joyous day at the World's Fair, the kidnapping of the Lindbergh baby, his books In the Night Kitchen and Higgledy Piggledy Pop!, his two beloved Hermans (Melville, and his German-shepherd namesake), and a long-buried secret.

Tell Them Anything You Want: A Portrait of Maurice Sendak. 2009. USA. Co-directed with Lance Bangs. 40 min.
Maurice at the World's Fair. 2009. USA. With Spike Jonze, Catherine Keener. 4 min.
The Creature Within. 2009. USA. With Maurice Sendak, Sonny Gerasimowicz. 1 min.
Where the Wild Things Are [clips]. 2009. USA. 5 min.
Program 100 min. Introduced by Jonze. Followed by onstage conversation with curator Joshua Siegel.

if either of these go onsale and I haven't mentioned getting tickets, someone please give me a heads up.  I don't want to miss these. thx!

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Stefen

Are you attending a screening, Neil? Which one?