Movies you're ashamed to admit you haven't seen yet

Started by BonBon85, January 22, 2003, 05:05:52 PM

Pwaybloe

modage

wait, i dont get it.  is he ashamed to admit he hasnt seen Get On The Bus and School Daze?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

modage

Alethia

dufresne

i've never seen a Sergio Leone movie.
Das Boot
Ran
Life of Brian
There are shadows in life, baby.

Derek

I guess 'Brazil'. It's more out of obligation than desire that I want to see it though...Can anyone offer some words of encouragement?
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Sleuth

If you liked the book 1984 but felt there was a lack of glittery 80s dream sequences with wings and swords, you should see Brazil
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

Quote from: DerekI guess 'Brazil'. It's more out of obligation than desire that I want to see it though...Can anyone offer some words of encouragement?

Go see Brazil or I will have you murdered.

markums2k

Brazil was wayyy better than I expected.  I didn't think it would be my kind of movie, but I really enjoyed it.  Still holds up today.

Gamblour.

I need to see Brazil again, it didn't appeal to me the first time. But, I haven't seen:

Any Sergio Leone
It's a Wonderful Life
Casablanca
Gone with the Wind
On the Waterfront
Any Billy Wilder (except Double Indemnity, pretty kick ass)
Any Altman (other than Gosford Park, which I didn't like anyhow, but I'll give it a second chance)

To sum it up, I haven't really seen the big classics of the 40's and 50's.
WWPTAD?

Derek

I saw Brazil last night, I thought it was okay. I can see its fanboyish appeal.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

bonanzataz

maybe i should've started a new thread, but i didn't feel like it. better to revive this old dog.

anyway, i've been really annoyed with myself lately because i have about 20 movies in my house that i really want to see but never get around to it. i have a feeling after halloween everything will be chill and i'll watch all of my movies (by halloween i have to get the xixax halloween festival organized (not really a priority, but still), get in my college app (meaning video tape, essay, all that crap), organize the film festival at school, make at least one short film for that festival, and a whole bunch of other shite). not a lot of time to do all that, eh? anyway, here are the movies i have in my possession that i've been meaning to get around to, some for a really long time.

-Tie me up, tie me down
-kika
-high heels
-magnificent ambersons
-network
-ponette
-scanners
-dead alive
-the man who fell to earth
-lawrence of arabia
-chinatown
-iron monkey
-m. hulot's holiday
-godfathers 2 and 3
-barry lyndon
-charade
-touch of evil
-run ronnie run
-dune
-elephant man

usually i watch at least one movie every 2 days, i've been falling short lately. stupid work and its workiness.

but, hey! it's my birthday in 2 days! that's awesome. i'm going to get at least 3 movies to add to that disgustingly long list.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls