There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: MacGuffin on May 02, 2007, 01:42:26 AM
Was there music written into the script?

Yea, in the first few pages, music is referenced.

Pozer

martinthewarrior

I believe later in the script there is also a refrence to "pedal tones, suspensefull". I believe that is the exact wording.

tpfkabi

reading it beforehand doesn't ruin anything?

i read Eternal Sunshine beforehand, but so much time passed that i forgot a good deal of it.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

modage

Quote from: bigideas on May 02, 2007, 06:45:54 PM
reading it beforehand doesn't ruin anything?
nah he actually marks a great deal of the script with SPOILERS!

saturday, april 30th
post-production stuff

mini bit of semi-interesting news: gotten word that paramount is keeping the cast booked for the last two weeks in may for re-shoots in mexico. don't really know any specifics, but editing was meant to be finished this/last week according to The Team, so i'll try to find out a bit more in the next day or two to elaborate further.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pozer

well i couldnt help it and read the first 30 pages.  but no more now  :roll:  super fans will notice that he still cant spell the word business ha ha.

modage

cigs n red vines reports that...
there are strong rumors that there will be blood will premiere at the venice film festival. the article lives here

aaaaand i just looked up flights/hotels to venice.  if they announce that in the lineup in July, i'm going to seriously consider going to Italy for a week.  tell me i'm not the only one? 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pozer

Quote from: modage on May 23, 2007, 04:31:55 PM
cigs n red vines reports that...
there are strong rumors that there will be blood will premiere at the venice film festival. the article lives here

aaaaand i just looked up flights/hotels to venice.  if they announce that in the lineup in July, i'm going to seriously consider going to Italy for a week.  tell me i'm not the only one? 
well i was gonna consider it, but then i got this today:

From: The Screening Exchange [mailto:reply-208438@elabs3.com]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2007 2:36 PM
Subject: You're Invited to the New Drama/thriller with Daniel Day-Lewis, There Will Be Blood!

Hey MATTHEW,

Thanks for participating with The Screening Exchange! We'd like to invite you to a screening in your area of this upcoming There Will Be Blood feature film.

Here's all of the information you need to attend this screening:

There Will Be Blood
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 – Showtime: 7:00 PM
AMC Burbank 16
125 E. Palm Ave
Burbank, CA 91502

Please be sure to arrive no later than 6:15 PM, because seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.

This invitation is for you and a guest between the ages of 17 to 56. Unfortunately, we cannot admit anyone to this screening that is outside of this age range.

If you wish to attend this screening, then please
confirm by contacting us via phone or email.

Confirmation Phone #: 866-827-7136
Confirmation E-mail: rsvp1@thescreeningexchange.com

To ensure your RSVP to this screening of There Will Be Blood, please be sure to provide us with the following information when you call or email us:

1. Your name
2. Whether or not you will be bringing a guest
3. Your primary phone number
4. Your gender and your guest's gender
5. Your ethnicity and your guest's ethnicity
6. Your age and your guest's age
7. Your e-mail address
8. Confirmation code: E-37
For a description of There Will Be Blood, as well as its MPAA rating status, please visit www.thescreeningexchange.com. Thank you for participating with The Screening Exchange, and we hope to see you at the movie theater!

No, no, no, i kid!  it was for The Invasion...  so yeah, youre not the only one mods.

modage

martinthewarrior

I actually looked up plane tickets to Italy as soon as I read that. Then I opened my bank statement. I went to the Venice fest a couple years ago, but I fear I have become poorer since then.

The Red Vine

I work for the Screening Exchange and figured it would be unlikely for them to screen TWBB quite this early. But I'm keeping an eye open for anything in the NYC area.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

sickfins

the trailer for 'there will be blood' can be viewed here.

and this isn't an april fool's joke or any shit like that. 
one minute and thirty seconds of the new film for your pleasure.

matt35mm

Yeeeaaahhh.  A nice taste without being particularly spoilerful, I felt.