not the most popular thread anymore, donnie darko and homos.

Started by SubstanceD, February 18, 2003, 07:02:07 PM

godardian

Quote from: cecil b. dementedi heard david mamets version kept the dukes, but the producers didnt like it cause it slowed the whole post down.

Joe Eszterhas's version had everyone hating each other for a while, but then rather graphically getting it on.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

MacGuffin

Tarrantino's version had all the members pull out guns and end with a Mexican stand-off.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

sphinx

kubrick's version couldn't be shot because none of the forum members wanted to be in a movie that wasn't going to be presented in widescreen

RegularKarate

Jolly good, Stinx... as I read over the last week's worth of posts to this thread that I have chosen to ignore, I had a lot of shit to say, but as I read your summary, I realize, it's all been said... I'm gonna leave it...

I disagree with this and agree with that... whatever...  maybe I'll join in when something new is brought up.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: sphinxi consider this to be my finest post.  ladies and gentlemen, a complete summary of this thread for those who missed it.

I only say one thing in the hole discussion.

Sigur Rós: I hate Fame

Man I'm weird!  :cry:

Cecil

Quote from: sphinxbonanzataz:
i liked daredevil because it fucking sucked

this was the best line. i dont know how he did it, but sphinx managed to boil down the complex being that is bonanzataz into one line that explains everything about him. powerful writing.

BonBon85

Bravo, Sphinx. I now wish I had posted in this thread just so I could have been summarized.

Pas

They shouldn't have fired him, they should have put him in fire

Gold Trumpet

Look, a thread actually reminiscinting about its own greatness while look idly for a spark to jump kick it again.

Here's a perfect one for this thread. Everyone give a good fuck you to the person/thing/animal or whatever that best fits that sentence and comes to thought quickly. Only a few items can be given the "fuck you" treatment. Try to make it short and simple.  

Fuck Jacko and his defenders.

~rougerum

Pubrick

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetLook, a thread actually reminiscinting about its own greatness while look idly for a spark to jump kick it again.
firstly, this thread was never great. second, reminiscinting is not a word.

the rest of what u said is complete ga-ga nonsense.
under the paving stones.

Gold Trumpet

who said I could ever spell? And in this type of thread, content never really matters. Length is the thing that matters cause it reminds of yet another thread and a sub conscious goal for some here to get this one near that as much as possible.

You're just spitting ga ga nonsense.

Thread ruiner.

~rougerum

©brad

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetLength is the thing that matters cause it reminds of yet another thread and a sub conscious goal for some here to get this one near that as much as possible.
~rougerum

chainsmoking insomniac

:lol:

This thread doesn't require its posters to speak any form of comprehensible language.  That's evident.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

polkablues

Quote from: Ghoulardi Goon:lol:

This thread doesn't require its posters to speak any form of comprehensible language.  That's evident.

Gzpequtlk?
My house, my rules, my coffee