The Tree of Life

Started by modage, January 28, 2009, 06:54:07 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

The song would fit the trailer if the German poster had anything to say about it.

Do they ever actually skip rocks or is this poster indicative of some sort of DELETED SCENE??
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Sleepless

Doubtful. Malick never leaves any footage on the cutting room floor.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Sleepless on June 30, 2011, 02:04:59 PM
Doubtful. Malick never leaves any footage on the cutting room floor.

Quote from: MacGuffin on June 17, 2011, 08:32:08 AM
Too Much Of A Good Thing? Terrence Malick Apparently Preparing 6 Hour Cut Of 'The Tree Of Life'
Source: Playlist

Stefen

I think Sleepless was being sarcastic. There was also a 6 hour cut of The Thin Red Line.

I would watch a 6 hour Terrence Malick movie. I'd watch the shit out of it. I'd watch a 6 hour Terrence Malick movie like nobodies ever seen!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Derek

If the Sean Penn scenes are set in the present day, shouldn't he be in his late 60's?
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Kellen

cronopio 2

That critic who fought against him should've shot him in the face when he had the chance.

Gold Trumpet

Haha, Uwe Boll is still awesome.

Pas

Had the break the couple weeks hiatus to say that I finally saw this and it was wonderful. Best film since CMBB.

It's not the kind of film I usually enjoy. I don't mind at all slowness at all but I like lots of dialogue. My favorite director is probably Rohmer by now. But I found Tree of Life to speak volumes even in the silent parts. I found myself looking back at my life, my childhood, my future, my choices, what kind of person I am and what kind of man my father is and was.

I saw myself on the street as a kid. I did not live 50s america obviously, but I do feel like I lived the end of an era. While watching the film I lived old memories and it was a wonderful. I think it is because the film takes it's time that you can get into it so much.

I cannot say how it is in your parts of the world, but you barely see any kid in the streets nowadays. They are all braindead Farmville zombies who take pictures of themselves and post them on the internet for no god damn reason. When I was 10, my mom had to walk through hell just to get me to wash myself or come back home when I was playing with friends. Now, 10 year olds ask their moms for Axe Body Wash.

Tree of Life is nostalgic yet fair, and I think it will enjoy cult status for a long time.

Ravi

Jeremy Blackman

Pas

I don't know, it's not that bad I thought. Wait for the american cover, it will blow for sure.

©brad

Sean Penn bitch-slaps 'Tree of Life'

It seems actor Sean Penn is still upset about the fact that so much of his performance in "The Tree of Life" was left on the cutting room floor.

"I didn't at all find on the screen the emotion of the script, which is the most magnificent one that I've ever read. A clearer and more conventional narrative would have helped the film without, in my opinion, lessening its beauty and its impact. Frankly, I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing there and what I was supposed to add in that context! What's more, Terry himself never managed to explain it to me clearly."

Jeremy Blackman

socketlevel

My thoughts exactly Mr. Penn
the one last hit that spent you...