Magnolia on IFC

Started by BrainSushi, May 25, 2003, 08:21:56 PM

BrainSushi

Magnolia is going to be on IFC!!! I don't know when, but they included it in the montage for the "Escape From Hollywood" commercial. I'm sure most of us own it, but I'm excited anyway. It's about time IFC showed this movie.

modage

has anybody seen the billboards/busstop posters for this? they are ALL OVER philadelphia.  pretty cool.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Satcho9

Yea, I also live in Philly, i was walking around today and was surprised to see them....

chainsmoking insomniac

So have I! Have any of you seen ones other than with the Tom Cruise mug?
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

modage

nope. but i did see a horizontal giant billboard version just outside the city, and tons of vertical busstop ones.  they read the same though, and only bill TOM CRUISE and JULIANNE MOORE.  still cool though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

dufresne

i like how IFC presents most of their selections in widescreen.
There are shadows in life, baby.

modage

the posters read...

Life.
Death.
Love.
Betrayal.
Redemption.

All in one day.

MAGNOLIA

MacGuffin

I actually kinda like that better than:

"Things fall down. People look up. And when it rains, it pours."

Not that I thought that was a poor tagline to begin with.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

i took a few digital shots that i sent to greg.  im not sure how to post them up here, so hopefully he'll put one of em up on the site.  theyre pretty neat.

bonanzataz

Quote from: themodernage02the posters read...

Life.
Death.
Love.
Betrayal.
Redemption.

All in one day.

MAGNOLIA

sounds like a tagline for a soap opera.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Jake_82

Can anyone take a picture of these Magnolia billboards? that would be pretty uber  8)
your reality is at the end of your dream

MacGuffin

Quote from: Jake_82Can anyone take a picture of these Magnolia billboards? that would be pretty uber  8)

Quote from: themodernage02i took a few digital shots that i sent to greg.  im not sure how to post them up here, so hopefully he'll put one of em up on the site.  theyre pretty neat.

Maybe Mr. Xixax will host them if you e-mail them to him.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

i figured it out.  beware of my nerdy visage in the reflection...

PS.  i havent gotten any shots of the billboards yet, but i would like to.  i just havent gotten around to stopping on the highway to take a picture yet.

Thecowgoooesmooo

If I see 1 in my area, I'll break the glass and get one of them out.  Would anyone be interested in buying it?

chris

BonBon85

Now ifc's playing a trailer they made for the movie. I think it's very well done - another thing Greg might look into putting on the site.