PTA's New Short Film "Couch"

Started by depooter, May 05, 2003, 12:27:29 PM

aclockworkjj

oakmanc234

godardian said: It had its charm. It really made want to know what PTA's next project will be. And if maybe they'd consider including The Couch on the PDL DVD. It would make a swell extra. That's what it would exactly perfect for.

You took the thoughts right outta my head.

By the way, could anyone possibly list the dialogue that's in it (I cant hear shit on my ball-sucking computer at the moment)
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

MrBurgerKing

If you want to see screaming done right, A.) watch Raising Arizona (Goodman coming out of the dirt..), or B.) take me to McDonalds

Just seemed to forced, and I didn't understand why his legs flew in the air. Whatever though, that's that.

Xixax

Shit, people. It was a short created for a comedy TV show.

What do you people want? Friggin' Magnolia 2003?

I hate you all.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

MacGuffin

Quote from: oakmanc234By the way, could anyone possibly list the dialogue that's in it (I cant hear shit on my ball-sucking computer at the moment)

There is no dialogue, just at the end when Sandler screams "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYY?????????!!!!!!!!" The rest is all overexaggerated foley sound effects.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just saying'

Still wanna know what they sell at a 'Nothing over a nickel' store.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pedro

It was ok.  Sandler had me laughin' a bit.  Nothing wonderful, but hey, he was just goofin' around.

Duck Sauce

Wasnt very impressed. But most likeley because I had my hopes way too high. To me, it was cute, but not worth repeat viewing. Sound effects were cool, and the SPOILER!!!!! couch that sucks him in was cool.

Its true, PTA has spoiled me

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffin

Just saying'

that's exactly what i thought.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: XixaxShit, people. It was a short created for a comedy TV show.

I hate you all.

i agree

picolas

for the record:

-i love this short.
-i laughed much.
-you are wrong.

:arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:

ReelHotGames

QuoteShit, people. It was a short created for a comedy TV show.

I hate you all.

Cheers, Xixax.

I laughed. Out loud.

Doesn't happen much, so for what it's worth there you go.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

The Silver Bullet

Not exactly clever, but good for what it is [short and stupid]. That isn't to say I was expecting something else. I got what I expected. And I enjoyed it. And then that is not to say I think it is brilliant. Which I don't. But I wasn't expecting brilliance, so...ah, fuck it. It was good for what it was, and I don't have to make excuses for nobody.

I did indeed enjoy the opening shot through the window. And for the record, the guy is good with his tracking shots. He knows how to use them, and use them well.

That is all.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Ernie

Quote from: MrBurgerKingI didn't understand why his legs flew in the air.

Neither did I...that's what kinda ruined it for me I guess. I didn't really think any of it was that funny...like laugh out loud funny I mean. I was watching it on the worst quality video possible on a computer though, so it's a little weird for me to say much more. I did like the sound effects and the couch gag with him sinking into it....and most of all his costume and wig, that was the funniest part...it was the first time I could visualize sandler as and elderly man. He's always seemed like one of those guys that could never get old.

Anyway, I know it's just suppose to be silly and stupid and that it was intended for a comedy tv show...but it could have been funnier. Just my opinion. This is coming from a fan of pre-PDL Sandler...even Mr. Deeds. He's been funnier many times and he could have been funnier in this. Dumb comedy or not...I should have laughed out loud at least once watching it for 2 and a half minutes.

Thank you very much for uploading it though whoever did! Your too good to us!

Ghostboy

The reactions to this are interesting.

I watched it on that tiny 56k WM format...I couldn't even make out Sandler's face. But the sound was great, and I could tell what was going on. I thought it was cute and clever...up until he screamed, at which point I just about fell out of my chair laughing. I showed it to my brother about five minutes ago, and he also almost fell out of my chair laughing. It's just so goofy! If I had a faster connection, I'd download the big version and put it on a DVD.

MrBurgerKing

I'd say the people who laughed at Guzman falling out of his chair in P-DL also laughed at this. I personally did not laugh at Guzman falling out of his chair and did not laugh at this. Perhaps there is a connection, or perhaps there's not.

Or perhaps I need to go to Wendys?