Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Robyn

Quote from: KarlJan on July 09, 2010, 08:31:31 PM
Quote from: squints on July 09, 2010, 03:23:21 PM
http://www.gorillavsbear.net/2010/07/08/panda-bear-live-at-primavera-sound/

Pretty great quality panda bear bootleg all shit from his new album.

Sweet tits!

Have you listened to it yet? I will probaly just wait for the studio version to come out, but I'm pretty curious how it sounds like.

Okay, I listened to the leaked single (Slow Motion, Tomboy) and I really don't like Panda Bear's solostuff as much as Animal Collective. I miss Avey Tare :(

squints

Quote from: KarlJan on July 10, 2010, 11:27:49 PM
Quote from: KarlJan on July 09, 2010, 08:31:31 PM
Quote from: squints on July 09, 2010, 03:23:21 PM
http://www.gorillavsbear.net/2010/07/08/panda-bear-live-at-primavera-sound/

Pretty great quality panda bear bootleg all shit from his new album.

Sweet tits!

Have you listened to it yet? I will probaly just wait for the studio version to come out, but I'm pretty curious how it sounds like.

Okay, I listened to the leaked single (Slow Motion, Tomboy) and I really don't like Panda Bear's solostuff as much as Animal Collective. I miss Avey Tare :(

have you heard person pitch?

don't think this album will come even close to that.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Robyn

Yeah, I have. I guess it just isn't my type of music.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: squints on June 24, 2010, 02:52:02 PM
Quote from: squints on May 29, 2010, 05:14:31 PM

Suckers - Wild Smile

so far i'm lovin' it.

Its good shit!
I love particularly the third track, "Before Your Birthday Ends;" it has a great Tom Petty in Wonderland vibe that I find irresistible.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

blackmirror

Muse - Knights of Cydonia

come ride with me, through the veins of history

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

Quote from: modage on July 20, 2010, 09:51:11 AM

Time is so good.

I was just listening to this and decided to listen to a bunch of Zimmer.  Time is a LOT like a lot of his other stuff.  Especially Journey to the Line from Thin Red Line (which I hadn't realized he composed BEFORE the movie was shot).

cronopio 2

this band is like the decemberists minus the boring parts .
their lyrics are what you need to listen to when you're willing to die over somebody.
"lead me to the truth and i will follow you with my whole life"  . jesus.
and 'little lion man' is almost too perfect a song.

modage

Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

^fineuhlee!

is there a proper retail rip? all i'm finding at my usual spots is a web rip. ever since the veckatimest debacle, I refuse to listen to anything until a proper rip is out there. it made me a snob!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Neil

Quote from: Stefen on July 23, 2010, 01:48:53 PM
^fineuhlee!

is there a proper retail rip? all i'm finding at my usual spots is a web rip. ever since the veckatimest debacle, I refuse to listen to anything until a proper rip is out there. it made me a snob!

My mind was blown when i found out there were people like you stefen. I guess it only makes sense though.  People always take things as far as they can possibly go.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Neil on July 23, 2010, 10:42:37 PM
My mind was blown when i found out there were people like you stefen. I guess it only makes sense though.  People always take things as far as they can possibly go.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!!!!!!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

polkablues

Nobody this young should be this talented.

Cron, if you like Mumford & Sons, you should give this a listen; apparently they serve as her backing band on the album.  Plus she's just fucking amazing all around anyway.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

Quote from: Neil on July 23, 2010, 10:42:37 PM
Quote from: Stefen on July 23, 2010, 01:48:53 PM
^fineuhlee!

When you're an adult and can afford nice things like a good sound system, you'll understand.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cronopio 2

Quote from: polkablues on July 24, 2010, 03:31:16 AM

Nobody this young should be this talented.

Cron, if you like Mumford & Sons, you should give this a listen; apparently they serve as her backing band on the album.  Plus she's just fucking amazing all around anyway.

haha i  got this album right after i wikipediaed mumford & sons and saw the associated acts. will report when i listen to it. i want to find the right time. thanks!