The XIXAX.COM P.T. Anderson Home Film Festival

Started by Xixax, June 04, 2003, 06:58:42 PM

Pubrick

yeah well i won't be watching hard eight or boogie nights, but if i'm up i'll be in the chat reacting accordingly.
under the paving stones.

dufresne

Quote from: cecil b. dementedi couldnt get a copy of hard eight. no store has it and i cant order it. not even off amazon.

that's unfortunate.  i ordered my copy on sunday, and it shipped yesterday.
There are shadows in life, baby.

Cecil

Quote from: dufresne
Quote from: cecil b. dementedi couldnt get a copy of hard eight. no store has it and i cant order it. not even off amazon.

that's unfortunate.  i ordered my copy on sunday, and it shipped yesterday.

yeah but youre in LA. the sad thing about my case is that it doesnt seem to be available in quebec anymore.

MacGuffin

Quote from: cecil b. dementedyeah but youre in LA. the sad thing about my case is that it doesnt seem to be available in quebec anymore.

Yeah, it seems to be discontinued in Canada.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cecil

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: cecil b. dementedyeah but youre in LA. the sad thing about my case is that it doesnt seem to be available in quebec anymore.

Yeah, it seems to be discontinued in Canada.

:shock:
shouldve bought it when i had the chance.

pfffffff. oh canada indeed

Derek

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Cecil

Quote from: DerekKanada sux.

i sewed this

on one of my shirts. i like to wear it on canada day

Derek

Quote from: cecil b. demented
Quote from: DerekKanada sux.

i sewed this

on one of my shirts. i like to wear it on canada day

and when you sing the anthem, fuck up the words just like Tom Cochrane....or was it Bryan Adams? Anyway, both guilty until proven innocent!
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Tictacbk

I think i'm gonna borrow one of those projectors people use for powerpoint presentations from someone, hook it up to my dvd and watch the movies on a big screen with a laptop.  Now thats the true home film festival experience!

Jeremy Blackman

I can't make it Magnolia night.

Oh well. Maybe it's better if I don't get God Damn Im Da Man jokes stuck in my head associated with Magnolia scenes.

©brad

awww, too bad. i was especially looking forward to magnolia cuz its going to be a looooong night. im definitely drinking during that one.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: ©bradim definitely drinking during that one.

cheers!!!.......

Gold Trumpet

i want to get into the chat, but I just can't. I know I have to download something so if anyone can help me, I have a hewlett packard computer and am running microsoft 1998 if you know what specificially i would have to download i'd be willing to give it a try. It'd be much appreciated because i am computer illiterate, so much so that I am in shock I can type actual words and sentences.

~rougerum

aclockworkjj

Quote from: The Gold Trumpeti want to get into the chat, but I just can't. I know I have to download something so if anyone can help me, I have a hewlett packard computer and am running microsoft 1998 if you know what specificially i would have to download i'd be willing to give it a try. It'd be much appreciated because i am computer illiterate, so much so that I am in shock I can type actual words and sentences.

~rougerum

even for me....it takes a few minutes to connect....are you sure it won't work, or is it just taking a long time to load up?

Xixax

OK, guys. Here are some step-by-step instructions on how to connect to the chat. Quote this multiple times from now on out if anyone asks about how to connect:

1: Click on the "chat" button at the top of any xixax.com page. You must be LOGGED IN TO XIXAX.COM IN ORDER FOR THIS BUTTON TO APPEAR. A new window will open up. If within a couple of minutes your box does not look like this:

then proceed to step #2. Otherwise, skip to step 3. DO NOT CLOSE THIS WINDOW!

2: The fact that the java applet isn't loading could indicate that you do not have the Java Virtual Machine installed on your computer. You MUST have this in order to run this chat software, or any other java-based progam. Make sure this is installed by going to http://www.java.com and clicking on "download". Their web site will walk you through the installation process from there. After the Java virtual machine is installed, then come back here and re-try step #1. If it still doesn't work, then try another (or a friend's) computer.

3: Click on the "connect" button shown in step #1. A new box will appear that looks like this:

Eventually, this window (known as the "status window") will connect to the server, and a third window will appear. This sometimes takes a minute or two, particularly if you are behind a firewall or are using devices such as wireless routers or other networking items that may not readily pass through all ports. If you are behind a firewall, you may not be able to connect at all. The chat server communicates on port 6667, so poke a hole in your firewall if necessary. Instructions for firewall configuration go beyond the scope of this document. Once you have connected, DO NOT CLOSE EITHER OF THE OTHER WINDOWS THAT HAVE APPEARED SO FAR.

4: The new window that will appear is your actual chat window, and it will look like this:

Once you see the green window, you are fully connected and can chat with other users.

5: To use the chat program, there are three things you need to know:
5a: This area lists the people that are currently in the chat room:

5b: This area is where the conversation takes place.

5c: This area is where you type in the text you want to say. When you press "enter" or "return", it will be "spoken" into the chat room.

6: There are other things you can do, too, by using the drop-down menus in the chat window. Play around. You won't hurt anything.

And, for those IRC gurus who want to use their own chat clients to connect, use the following settings:

server: blazoner.com
port: 6667
channel: #xixax
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]