mtv vma's

Started by ©brad, August 28, 2003, 10:17:46 PM

©brad

first off, i don't care what anybody says, the opening w/ madonna and the other 2 was classic. sumone pleaz post a pic. daaaaaaaaaamn.

chris rock had an alright opening sketch, but the rest was lame, as was the rest of the show. its like 'ok, we got 15 different awards, with the same 5 groups nominated for each. which one of them is going to get the next one?" lame.

the opening thing was nice though.

Ernie

Oh yea, I didn't watch this...MTV has just bored me lately. I would love to see Madonna though. She looked great in that last Gap commercial she did. That song fucking rules too. I've always loved that song.

Anyway, I might catch this in one of the million inevitable reruns. The ads for it were just so lame and unfunny...especially the 50 Cent one. And I think Chris Rock is a pretty damn funny guy too, I expected better. All the recent and older ads for the award shows have been hilarious.

EL__SCORCHO

Derek237

Missy Elliot lost best female video. That pissed me off.  :x At least she won everything else.  Also, Johnny Cash never showed up but apparently he's in the hospital.

BTW I always suspected Jimmy Fallon was gay.

phil marlowe

Quote from: gwaihow cool of fred durst to give the finger to camera. how proud he must be.
fred durst is a dick, it's not more complicated than that. he made the blossoming yout of americas guitarists come and audition and make then sign whatever they would play would belong to limp bisquit. that's fucking power abuse.

©brad

MacGuffin

My God, what a way to fuck up Duran Duran's lifetime achievement award. And how sad was it that the audience had to be told to give a standing ovation?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

i missed the duran duran part. what happened?

metroshane

My Gosh, Britney is ruining my marriage!
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

Raikus

What garbage was that?

Anytime Justin Timberlake and Linkin Park win over Johnny Cash and the White Stripes it automatically discredits the "awards" show, "music" network, and the world in general.

Today's music sucks.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ©bradi missed the duran duran part. what happened?

You'll have to see it to really get the effect of how their award was rushed. They came out with Agfa Lavine and Kelly Osbourne, did their stupid banter about how DD never won an award and started showing clips from their videos. Then, they spring a 'surprise' on DD, with Kelly telling them here are your awards while some guy comes out and passes out awards to the members, who seem actually surprised, and had no idea. But because of that surprise MTV did, it seemed to undermine the validity and respect of DD's achievement. It seemed more of a make-up award rather than taking the time to do a carrer timeline of DD. The audience seemed bored and didn't care what was going on. Kelly told them to stand up. Simon LeBon gave his thanks, then it was on to the next award.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

Quote from: RaikusWhat garbage was that?

Anytime Justin Timberlake and Linkin Park win over Johnny Cash and the White Stripes it automatically discredits the "awards" show, "music" network, and the world in general.

Today's music sucks.

its mtv dude, its not real music.

btw, good charolette sucks. cant believe they won.

Raikus

Quote from: gwai
Quote from: ©bradbtw, good charolette sucks. cant believe they won.
yeah, they do suck. but i loved when they trashed their instruments. and that goes also to other bands who also performed at the vma's like nirvana, the vines and rage against the machine.
I think they were trying hard to get the Nirvana connection across, considering they had cheerleaders in the same outfits as "Smells Like Teen Spirit" in the cages.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Pubrick

tever fyags, this years awards were the best in ages. mainly cos of madonna and her sluts, chris rock's opening monologue, and the comments he made after the performances..

other highlights and gripes: duran duran thing was like a joke, avril lavigne is starving, eminem is cool, outkast rock the hizzouse, sandler was funny in the end with snoop - whole conversation in izzle was great, chris rock nodding all the time was kinda wack, beyonce SHAKING HER ASS LIKE IT AIN'T NO THING was a definite ekzellent point.. lemme say DAYUM! to that. evanescence need to shut the eff up and accept their one-hit wonder death. that dude who directed the linkin park video has a really small head like physically or his shoulders are too wide. haha oh i just remembered, KELLY CLARKSON ok she's a joke to begin with but when she presented with ludacris and repeated what he said "yyeeah" and then giggled like a slut and said "hee hee i'm so white" u could see how embarrassed ludacris was to be up there with her.

that's about it, oh and for the first time in years a deserving video won. the whole show was constantly and openly aware of how it feeds off black culture to survive.
under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

I liked the opening the rest was absolute crap.