mother!
4 (13.3%)
Phantom Thread
21 (70%)
Lady Bird
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Jeremy Blackman

Welcome to the 2018 Xixax Awards! These nominees have been chosen by Xixax users, mods, and admins. Vote in the poll above to help decide the winner!

Kal

I don't know why we really bother with these awards on PTA film years. He's going to sweep them of course. We should assume he wins everything and ban him from the ballots so that we can see what was everyones 2nd favorite everything...

polkablues

Whoa, deja vu...

Quote from: Kal on April 23, 2015, 11:54:48 AM
Why do we even bother with these awards on years with PTA films? You all forget how we all even got here?
My house, my rules, my coffee

polkablues

To be fair, we did allow multiple votes that year for this exact reason.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Yes

No Lady Bird? lol....

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: BigSock on April 20, 2018, 11:11:03 PM
No Lady Bird? lol....

It got zero nomination votes for Best Film.

Yes

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on April 20, 2018, 11:51:22 PM
Quote from: BigSock on April 20, 2018, 11:11:03 PM
No Lady Bird? lol....

It got zero nomination votes for Best Film.

I nominated it.

But still, 0 votes in Film for it is pretty bad and disappointing especially when it's far superior than a number of the actual nominees and did well in other categories such as Screenplay and acting

Jeremy Blackman

That's what happens when you let me count the votes.

I've added Lady Bird, you can now vote for 3 movies, and anyone can change their vote in this category. Just click "REMOVE VOTE" below the poll.

Kal

Quote from: polkablues on April 19, 2018, 10:54:37 PM
Whoa, deja vu...

Quote from: Kal on April 23, 2015, 11:54:48 AM
Why do we even bother with these awards on years with PTA films? You all forget how we all even got here?

Good one. I had the feeling I asked that question before. Same result!

Jeremy Blackman

Get any last votes in! Closing this soon.

Jeremy Blackman

VOTING IS CLOSED.

Phantom Thread wins Best Film! It is our favorite best film released in 2017! Goodnight, everyone.

The Ultimate Badass

I didn't participate in the award nominations because there were really no movies I saw that blew me away this this year. I didn't think any of them deserved to be called Best anything -- sadly, including The Phantom Thread.

Yeah, this is the year that I really came to terms with the fact that PTA is no longer making the type of movies that made me love his movies. The best thing thing I saw last year was on TV -- Twin Peaks .