this is a really good song.

Started by Jeremy Blackman, May 17, 2009, 08:16:41 PM

Robyn

This is my favorite Prefab Sprout song.

Robyn

Quote from: polkablues on September 28, 2017, 02:27:34 AM
I already posted about Phoebe Bridgers today in the Lorde thread, but here's another one because I'm obsessed.

omg, I just found out she sang lua with conor oberst, and was blown away her voice. had to go back and listen to the song you posted. very nice.

polkablues

Her album is easily my favorite of this year. She's just great in every way.

Side note: Conor makes an appearance on the album, singing on the song "Would You Rather".
My house, my rules, my coffee

Robyn

Quote from: polkablues on December 15, 2017, 10:08:20 PM
Her album is easily my favorite of this year. She's just great in every way.

Side note: Conor makes an appearance on the album, singing on the song "Would You Rather".

I listened to it and liked it a lot. my favorite artist was Elliott Smith at one point so it shouldn't be surprising that I enjoyed it.

jenkins

what first happened was i saw Tash Sultana's street performance

she's huge, she's line three in the Coachelle lineup, millions of spotify listens.

then, and i heard the radio compare this to listening stations at record stores of the past, because of spotify i discovered a whole pocket of Australian music.

this has been my personal favorite. some of australian songs are better produced and sound more like songs. i like when the kids get emotional, personally. through my life i've learned this is the kind of music which gets me into social trouble, leaves me alone. this song isn't even about being alone, she's talking to a friend and complaining about the adult world, recalling childhood dreams.

jenkins

one that sounds like a song. i was glad to come into contact with contemporary australian music via spotify

WorldForgot

Robyn

i'm falling in love with guided by voices. they are everything I love about music. I usually just wanna listen to catchy pop songs, and they can repeat some nonsensical shit to a simple riff for 1 and a half minute and make it feel like the most catchy and profound pop song you have ever heard. I don't know how they do it.

this song is perfect. like literally perfect. I can't imagine how music could be any better then this. what you need to to is to listen to it on repeat for an hour until you are convinced it's the best song ever. that's what I did.

polkablues

I feel pretty much the same way about this GBV song:

My house, my rules, my coffee

Robyn

yeah, this is really good too. I am happy I realized how much good stuff they made that isn't bee thousand and alien lanes.

Robyn

hop along's new album is pretty good and frances quinlan continues to have one of the best voices around. as with harriet wheeler and sue tompkins (two other favorite voices of mine) she fronts a band that doesn't do anything original, but has a voice that makes it incredibly special to me. she has a way of spitting out every word as it if was the most important thing in the world. seriously, you can break down any of her vocal performances word for word and realize that she deliver every word perfectly. this isn't just hyperbole. she's that good.

this song isn't from their latest album, but I think it's one of the best song to showcase her voice. just the way she sings "uh-huh, uh-huh" gives me goosebumps, honestly. also, who said indie rock was dead? it's better than ever!

okay, here's a song from their latest album too. "I- I don't know why". OMG.

Robyn

that last goddamn song
yes
YES
the tiger is out

it makes me wanna jump around in bed and play air guitar or something idk fuck i need to contain my excitement

Robyn

Quote from: KJ on April 14, 2018, 08:00:16 AM
sue tompkins

QuoteCalling you i mix two numbers up i mix them up
Two numbers calling you i mix them up!
Ting ting
Look around
Just information
In the leaves in the leaves in the leaves
Lgo lgo chi sound chi sound chi sound chi sound
If poss was lying awake invitation guess what
Coast to coast, vivid i'm a visitor here