How does this happen?

Started by prophet, February 04, 2004, 04:44:36 PM

prophet

how do you get this smuged softness? i see it in music videos all the time is it the stock the lighting or is it something done in editing?

We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

metroshane

It's a combo of...

1.  Really goodlooking people.
2.  Million dollar make up artists.
3.  Soft diffused lighting. (you can pretty much gaurantee that there's a whole lot of reflectors around her...and at least one gold reflector)
4.  Soft focus filters.  Soft focus is NOT the same as slightly out of focus.
5.  Post production tricks.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

prophet

We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

metroshane

See number 1.  

Give me the girl and a polaroid and I'll show you a dream come true.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

SoNowThen

Quote from: prophethow do you get this smuged softness? i see it in music videos all the time is it the stock the lighting or is it something done in editing?

Well, you see.... it's, uh.... um.... oh lordy what a beauty!!!!!

What the hell are we talking about?!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

prophet

sonowthen does that looks like a amature pic? no it doesnt, i was just wondering how you get that look.

ShanghaiOrange

Thats the same thing did with those old-school Hollywood starlets decades ago.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

SoNowThen

Quote from: prophetsonowthen does that looks like a amature pic? no it doesnt, i was just wondering how you get that look.

Hahaha, easy... I was kidding around. As in "I can't concentrate on what you're asking because the picture is too sexy".

But yeah, makeup, soft-lighting, those filters that smooth out wrinkles, and some after-the-fact airbrushing -- to answer your question.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

TheVoiceOfNick

I'd have to say it's mostly lighting and airbrushing... know how to do that, and you can use a webcam to produce great images!  Well, maybe not a webcam... but you get the picture... pun intended...

prophet

'Hahaha, easy' sorry im on edge everytime i post, every time i post someone finds something to make fun of. (not talking about the poster post)