Prairie Home Companion rumors....

Started by imawombat, July 18, 2005, 07:12:32 PM

GoneSavage

Pozer

Quote from: Roman Cibelesshame on you... making fun of my fucked up sintax...shame on you...i think i write good dialogue...i never took ritlin...i just want to be happy and hip a la pta.
you suck my cock.  how dare you.

ok i had an ESL moment. i suck. you don't have to be mean. you need to be nicer to me.
Quote from: Pubrickenglish, do u speak it?

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Roman Cibelesyou need to be nicer to me.
"Dad, you need to be nicer to me."
"Go to Bed"
"You need to nicer to me, dad."
OoooOOOOOoooooOOOO Yeah....Owned!!!!
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

context, context, context.

MacGuffin

Paul Thomas Anderson is ready to play.
Source: Premiere Magazine

Robert Altman's insurance company made the 80-year-old pick a God-forbid-anything-happens backup director for A Prairie Home Companion. He chose Magnolia's Anderson. "On the back of one chair, it said 'Robert Altman,' and on the back of P.T.'s chair it said 'Pinch Hitter,'" says costar Virginia Madson.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

... ?

Was there more to the article?

Pubrick

they misspelled madsen.

best update ever.
under the paving stones.

abuck1220

QuoteBob Berney, president of "mini-major" studio Picturehouse, said Tuesday that he made a bid for Robert Altman's film version of A Prairie Home Companion halfway through watching a screening of the film Thursday night and closed it on Saturday for $3.75 million. In an interview with the Minneapolis-St. Paul Pioneer Press, Berney, best known for spotting the potential of My Big Fat Greek Wedding (which went on to earn more than $250 million), said that he thought the film "played really well. With real audiences, it'll be fantastic." The film is based on Garrison Keillor's public radio show, which is produced in Minneapolis. "I think fans of the show will love it," said Berney, adding that beyond that core audience there are those who want "films that are not the typical R-rated violence. ... I think there's a really big audience for this, an older audience that goes to movies if the movies are there. I think Hollywood sometimes forgets them." Berney said that he plans to hold the premiere of the move in the Twin Cities in May, followed by a limited opening during the first weekend in June.

soixante

I'm enthused.  2006 is gonna be a great year for film.  Praire Home Companion, Inland Empire, Southland Tales, Flags of Our Fathers, The Departed, and, one can only hope, something new from PTA.
Music is your best entertainment value.

sickfins

Quote from: soixanteone can only hope, something new from PTA.

you'd like to think so wouldn't you
hahahahaha

:yabbse-sad: