The Presets / Prop

Started by Pubrick, November 25, 2005, 09:15:01 PM

Pubrick

originally posted in Now Playing

the presets - beams

sydney duo, refer to their site: http://www.thepresets.com/ but this page is more informative and easier to navigate.

check out their previous band http://www.prop.com.au/ where u can hear all their albums. what a turnaround  :shock:

watch the video for the presets Are You The One . haha the other seven times presets hav been mentioned here were all in Tech Talk.

if u don't check out Prop u might think they're just another queer dance group but i don't think that's their deal. the Presets stuff is funloud. and the Prop stuff (hard to steal) is awesomequiet.

anyway at least watch the video and tell me what u think.
under the paving stones.

hedwig

i like the Prop stuff a lot more than the Presets stuff. apparently these guys played a support tour with NIN this year (source)

the Stereolab remix is pretty good too. i'm trying to think of a band to compare this to, i know there's something i'm reminded of.. one of the songs sounds a bit Kevin Shields-ish.

anyway maybe the Presets stuff is an acquired taste. Prop is pretty easy to enjoy, though.

Pubrick

Quote from: Hedwig on November 26, 2005, 06:08:59 PM
apparently these guys played a support tour with NIN this year (source)
awesome, i didn't know that.

Quote from: Hedwig on November 26, 2005, 06:08:59 PM
anyway maybe the Presets stuff is an acquired taste.
yes definitely, i wanted to see if other ppl hav acquired this taste. the two videos on the page are the most obnoxious on the album (tho i really like Are You The One), it reaches a pinnacle with the track Girl (You Chew My Mind Up) which u should also avoid.. but the rest is more Proppy, try Girl And the Sea, and the title track if u want to avoid vocals altogether.
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

i saw [and liked] the video by the presets....it was fucking cool and deserves repeated viewings...musically, they are good also...they have a franz/new order/killers/etc... vibe to them.. very catchy...i dont like the way they dance though...i'll check out the props next