In the Cut

Started by NEON MERCURY, October 09, 2003, 03:59:04 PM

NEON MERCURY

..eye just ..saw the tv spot for this..its direected by the Jane Champ-somehting..you know the director of the Piano..

all i know is that it stars meg ryan in a decent role it seems..
and the ultra cool soon to be mega star (IMO)..mark ruffalo...

any thoughts on this ..or would you r..ather go out...
:drinking:

edison

he will not be a mega star

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: EEz28he will not be a mega star

i mean this in two ways..

::grabs laser pointer and points to the chalkboard::

lesson one.0    "star"..as in he will be  on the level of "stardom" as tom, ben, depp, pitt, farrel...

lesson  two.0  "star"..as in he will be on the level of "stardom" as oldman, cruddup, buscemi, ...

class dissmissed........

edison

Heres my lesson to you:

he will not reach any level even close to the guys you mentioned, he will always be the character actor you sorta remember seeing but not sure if you have before, then you go look on IMDB and find out, oh yeah, thats the guy.

Now take your pointer and shove it.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: EEz28Heres my lesson to you:

he will not reach any level even close to the guys you mentioned, he will always be the character actor you sorta remember seeing but not sure if you have before, then you go look on IMDB and find out..

..LoL...alright watch ..when he does achieve the same staus of the other guys that i mentioned ..your gona regreat saying that....

here' some homework for you..WATCH YOU CAN COUNT ON ME.. then you will understand why what you are saying doen't make any sense.....

edison

seen it, and while i do agree that he is a good actor, and i will only say this one more time, but he will not be "star" you say he will be.

markums2k

Do I get a little gift bag for coming to this thread, or was it a complete waste of time?

edison

reading your post was a complete waste of my time .

markums2k

Cecil

i want to see this film

Ghostboy

This is the movie where Meg Ryan tries to validate herself for an Oscar by taking off her clothes. If there's ever a sign that an actress is grown up and talented and daring to take risks...it's explicit nudity.

You hear that, Britney?

Anyway, I'll be seeing it of course, with an open mind, even though buzz from Toronto was bad. I actually never managed to see any of Jane Campion's films other than The Piano, which I lovvve. I have, however, seen the documentary on the making of Portrait Of A Lady. Which I know, doesn't quite count, but it was a good doc.

Finn

I'm really looking forward to this. Jane Champion is a good director and I've heard Meg Ryan may get an Oscar nomination off of this film. From what I heard she gave the most sexually charged performance since Halley Berry in Monster's Ball.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Ghostboy

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: themodernage02Mark Rufalo (In the Cut) is in talks to replace Val Kilmer in Michael Mann's Collateral opposite Tom Cruise

Quote from: NEON MERCURY before reading the above quote and knowing the potential of Mark Ruffalohe will be on the level of "stardom" as tom

Quote from: EEz28he will not reach any level even close to the guys you mentioned

.....looks like i'm .right .

8)

..never go against ruffalo..he is badass.. like del toro...

Gold Trumpet

I don't see Ruffalo the big star type either. Passable in indie films, nothing about him is striking physically as leading male type in Hollywood. His plainness is his attribute in indies for getting by on passability and believability of a real guy.

I don't know about the film. Seems pretty general to me. I am mainly interest in Meg Ryan and if the performance is what is said to be. The nudity issue is definitely a bonus on cheap attraction, so I guess weighing it all out, I'll likely see the movie. But, hey, I promised to see Cabin Fever before and couldn't drag myself to that one.

~rougerum