Mystic River

Started by MacGuffin, August 25, 2003, 04:47:15 PM

prophet

this movie was bullshit (penn was great though)
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

meatball

Now I remember where I've seen Mystic River before.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: meatballNow I remember where I've seen Mystic River before.

what about  this one:
you get to see the background of kevin bacon's character before he became a cop..its a prequel of sorts

]

meatball

Thrindle

I finally saw this movie.  Yes I'm an asshole who waited far too long and therefore caused it some sabotage, due to hype.  

Here's what I thought:  (obviously there's some SPOILERS... even though I'm the last person on the planet to watch this).

Some parts of the storytelling were irresponsible.  The brother and friend killing Katie did not satisfy me.  It wasn't enough motive, and that to me did not justify the brutality of the murder itself.  I thought the Sean Divine - wife - plotline was seriously lacking.  

"Will you come home?"  
"Sure after having your baby and leaving you alone for six months - and stalking you first".  Come on now.  

Penn's acting was great, but no better than Bill's.  I'm going to get shat on for that comment... but Bill Murray's understated performance takes the cake.
All in all, I'm your typical chick who bawls in movies.  I did not bawl throughout this movie.  I was not feeling particularly sympathetic toward the vigilante father... and Tim Robbin's pain was sort of vague.  Maybe I'm hormonal and feeling the inner bitch, but Kevin Bacon's character was flat, Laurence Fishburne was pointless (his performance was so cliche).  Having said that, Tim Robbins was stunning, but that's to be expected.  

I was thoroughly disappointed.  Ok PEOPLES RIP THIS CRITIQUE APART
Classic.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: ThrindleI'm your typical chick
:shock:

You're right, Bill should have won.

Thrindle

Quote from: Chest Rockwell

Apparently I sound like a guy?   :P
Classic.

cine

Quote from: Thrindle

Maybe it's that Pacino mugshot from the early 60's. But, hey, what do I know...

Thrindle

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: Thrindle

Maybe it's that Pacino mugshot from the early 60's. But, hey, what do I know...

Because He's HOT!

Besides, what kind of guy would post with a name like "Thrindle"?
Classic.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ThrindleApparently I sound like a guy?   :P

No, it's just nobody reads anything.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: ThrindleApparently I sound like a guy?   :P

No, it's just nobody reads anything.
Well I remember her mentioning it in a previous post. I think it's just Chest. He lets everything get to his hooks.

MacGuffin

Quote from: In The Dreamers thread, Chest RockwellIt's OK, Pal. You'll soon realize no one reads anything around here anyway. The only long and boring posts people read around here come from either Godardian or The Gold[en] Trumpet. Anyone else is just wasting time.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Chest Rockwell

Exactly.

I read, I just don't listen, sadly.

MacGuffin

First details on Mystic River which stars Tim Robins, Sean Penn, Kevin Bacon, Laura Linney and Laurence Fishburne. This award winning film will be available to own from the 8th June in either a three disc special edition or a standard movie only release. Each will carry a 2.40:1 anamorphic widescreen presentation and both English and French Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. Extras on the special edition will include an audio commentary by Tim Robbins and Kevin Bacon, two documentaries as well as three interviews with Clint Eastwood, Tim Robins and Kevin Bacon. The third disc will be comprised of the films soundtrack. Retail will be around $39.98. The single disc release on the other hand will set you back around $27.95 in total.

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

i hate when its either 1 disc or 3 discs (with sntk), and theres no get the 2nd disc but not the sntk option.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.