ENVY

Started by modage, June 26, 2003, 12:59:43 PM

modage

Ben Stiller Comedy Set for Theatrical Release
Contrary to recent reports, the Ben Stiller comedy Envy, in which Stiller co-stars with Jack Black, is currently set for an April 2004 theatrical release and will not be going direct to video. The DreamWorks comedy, about two business partners who have a falling out over an invention that makes one of them filthy rich, also stars Rachel Weisz and Christopher Walken.

wow, almost straight to video?  that doesnt sound good.  they clearly dont have high hopes for this one.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pwaybloe

Yeah, it really looks like Dreamworks is in a slump.  I, for one, thought the collaboration was going to be a powerhouse.  

Oh yeah, and I'll be seeing "Envy."

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Ben Stiller's "Duplex" moves yet again, this time to October 3rd - head to head with Jack Black comedy "School of Rock".

modage

Quote from: themodernage02okay, to shed a little light here.  the movie that i reffered to as CAPTURED and you as RISK AVERSE, i caught a test trailer today for, and on the tape it says UNTITLED JOHN HAMBURG PROJECT but in the trailer it says RUBEN FEFFER STEPS OUT.  it also said it would be coming out in JANUARY, (obviously this is tenative, but its still news).  it said its from the writer of meet the parents.  and it looked pretty good.  ( i think it looks a lot better than envy, which seems like a disaster, despite the casting).

movie is now called ALONG CAME POLLY.  trailer is up here...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/along_came_polly/

-----------------------------------------------------------------

in more ben stiller news...

Meet the Fockers: Its taken a while and despite delays and one of its stars currently dealing with a very public treatment of prostate cancer, things are steaming forward on the "Meet the Parents" sequel which is currently aiming to begin filming around mid-March in Los Angeles according to Filmjerk. At the moment both stars Ben Stiller & Robert DeNiro are signed to be onboard but its unsure about whether other co-stars such as Blythe Danner, Teri Polo and Owen Wilson will be back. A new role is up for grabs and to be filled by a talented Latina comedian who'll play Isabel - a woman who was once a maid for the Fockers but now runs her own highly successful catering company. Vince Di Meglio and Tim Rasmussen have been hired to rewrite the film's original script whilst with his commitment to "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" having been passed over, Director Jay Roach is expected to return for directing duties. The film should release around 2005.

MacGuffin

Dustin Hoffman is a Focker
Source: Variety

Dustin Hoffman has signed a deal to play the father of Ben Stiller's character in Meet the Fockers, the follow-up to Meet the Parents, which Universal and director Jay Roach are readying for late March start. The studio has already set a December 22 release date for the comedy.

Robert De Niro and Stiller have already reached deals to reprise their roles as a protective father and the bumbling boyfriend who wants to marry his daughter. Teri Polo and Blythe Danner are also returning to play, respectively, Stiller's fiance and De Niro's wife.

The role of Mrs. Focker is still to be cast, says Variety. At the premiere of Along Came Polly, Stiller told USA Today, "My dream is Barbra Streisand."

Now that Greg Focker (Stiller) is "in" with his soon-to-be in-laws, Jack (De Niro) and Dina Byrnes, it looks like smooth sailing for him and his fiancée, Pam (Polo). But that's before Pam's parents meet Greg's parents, the Fockers. The hyper-relaxed Fockers and the tightly-wound Byrneses are woefully mismatched from the start, and no matter how hard Greg and Pam try, there is just no bringing their families together--which all adds up to a disastrously funny time of "getting to know you.

"Parents" screenwriter Jim Herzfeld as well as writing team Tim Rasmussen and Vince DiMeglio get credit on the final draft.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: ben stiller"My dream nightmare is Barbra Streisand."
under the paving stones.

Sleuth

Quote from: MacGuffinDustin Hoffman is a Focker
Source: Variety

Dustin Hoffman has signed a deal to play the father of Ben Stiller's character in Meet the Fockers, the follow-up to Meet the Parents, which Universal and director Jay Roach are readying for late March start. The studio has already set a December 22 release date for the comedy.

Robert De Niro and Stiller have already reached deals to reprise their roles as a protective father and the bumbling boyfriend who wants to marry his daughter. Teri Polo and Blythe Danner are also returning to play, respectively, Stiller's fiance and De Niro's wife.

The role of Mrs. Focker is still to be cast, says Variety. At the premiere of Along Came Polly, Stiller told USA Today, "My dream is Barbra Streisand."

Now that Greg Focker (Stiller) is "in" with his soon-to-be in-laws, Jack (De Niro) and Dina Byrnes, it looks like smooth sailing for him and his fiancée, Pam (Polo). But that's before Pam's parents meet Greg's parents, the Fockers. The hyper-relaxed Fockers and the tightly-wound Byrneses are woefully mismatched from the start, and no matter how hard Greg and Pam try, there is just no bringing their families together--which all adds up to a disastrously funny time of "getting to know you.

"Parents" screenwriter Jim Herzfeld as well as writing team Tim Rasmussen and Vince DiMeglio get credit on the final draft.

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=5283
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

"Envy" trailer in Quicktime:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

Saw the Envy trailer in front of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (along with Lost Skeleton of Cadavra, which actually looks pretty funny in a campy way, and The Door in the Floor, which looks a bit intriguing).  Envy itself looks like it may be decent, or may be bad.  You never can tell with trailers, and Christopher Walken's presence isn't enough to make a movie worth seeing anymore, but Jack Black and Ben Stiller combined with him could be.

cine

Don't you dare forget Amy Poehler.

ono

Oh, I wouldn't for a minute.  Just didn't realize she was in this, too.  Didn't remember seeing her in the trailer.  Sounds great.

abuck1220

are these two "jealousy over someone else's monetary gains" movies involving larry david a veiled shot by him directed toward the cast of seinfeld that feel cheated by the $ they've received since the show went into syndication? just wondering.

SiliasRuby

I am hoping this is going to be at least 75% decent....
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection