[proposal: xixax collective story.]

Started by cron, April 25, 2004, 01:27:58 PM

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

i'll have some stuff for tomorrow.
context, context, context.

The Perineum Falcon

I'm all for trying. The semester's almost over, so I's needs something to do.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Banky

NEON MERCURY

:waving: ...i'm in..

but on these conditions..

1. someoen has to proofread for spelling errors in my posts..
2. don't mind excessive use of elipsis'...

Thrindle

Me too!  Muahahahahahahahah... Beware of sappy romance subplots   :twisted:
Classic.

Chest Rockwell

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Well, I guess this thread is the organizer.

I'm all for helping.

Earlier I was just warning you of jerk-offs who'd ruin it, but for some reason, people give a damn now.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

walrus' freak out is unwarranted. as is his current hostility.

none of the other members here think it would fail, the only reason it might hav failed in the past is because of "jerk-offs" as u put it, whom are no longer present.

i like the idea but the main condition should be that a single line or sentence is not enuff to add to the story. it's gotta be at least a paragraph and hav a point, not just rambling.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

cine

Quote from: Pubricki like the idea but the main condition should be that a single line or sentence is not enuff to add to the story. it's gotta be at least a paragraph and hav a point, not just rambling.
And to add to this, it must advance the story.

Also, I hope we're not going to be doing something genre specific the first time around. It should be something fun to start with where people can happily add something a bit surreal but helpful to the story. That's something I would personally like to see the first time around since it would more welcoming for people.

RegularKarate

Yes, FUN is the key here... if you try to make it too serious, it's gonna get fucked right out the door.  Too many conflicting styles and levels of intelligence.

At least START with something fun.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: 50 CentiphileAnd to add to this, it must advance the story.
Can't we have a Virginia Woolf-esque moment of detailed introspection?

cine

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanCan't we have a Virginia Woolf-esque moment of detailed introspection?
Well, of course, if it's good.  :wink:

But it's more fun to at least advance the story somehow..

NEON MERCURY

i dont mean to sound like a redneck..but if this thread could be moved to the "Art Gallery" ..it could be the coup de maitre in that forum.....and get some clicks on it.......