Grind House

Started by MacGuffin, May 26, 2005, 12:11:11 AM

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

I go to Austin Film Society screenings a lot and they're on the Austin Studios lot and I've seen this car there.  There's also always a row of five or six of the same kind of old, ratted out car in different stages of destruction.

modage

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=5351322&nav=menu73_2_15_1

click on the video link for an on-set video with kurt russell and qt about a minute in.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Trio Joins Grindhouse
Tarantino finalizes his cast.

Three actors have been added to the cast of Death Proof, Quentin Tarantino's movie segment of Grindhouse. Robert Rodriguez's segment is titled Planet Terror.

Tarantino has cast Michael Bacall (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation), filmmaker Eli Roth (Hostel) and newcomer Omar Doom in his slasher movie.

Death Proof also stars Kurt Russell and Zoe Bell, Rosario Dawson, Vanessa Ferlito, Jordan Ladd, Rose McGowan, Sydney Tamiia Poitier, Marley Shelton, Tracie Thoms and Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

Filming on Death Proof commenced August 21 in Austin.

Rodriguez's Planet Terror, which has wrapped shooting, stars Freddy Rodriguez, Rose McGowan, Josh Brolin, Naveen Andrews, Marley Shelton, Michael Biehn, Stacy Ferguson (also known as Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas), Jeff Fahey, and Michael Parks.

Grindhouse is being shot in the tradition of the '70s exploitation films that have significantly influenced both Rodriguez and Tarantino. The two films will be joined by faux ads and trailers.

Dimension Films will release Grindhouse on April 6, 2007.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Jarratt was dumped from Grind House

John Jarratt has revealed that Quentin Tarantino discourteously dumped him from the filmmaker's upcoming pic, "Grind House".

Tarantino met Jarratt – who is on the trail of a comeback since the success of last year's "Wolf Creek" – in Australia last year, and gushed over the veteran Oz talent. The Australian actor was reportedly one of Tarantino's favourite actors, and he looked forward to working with Jarratt in the future. Later, it was said that Jarratt was offered a role in Tarantino's "Grind house".

Talking to Woman's Day, Jarratt says he was contacted in March about doing a role in the film, but never heard another word about it.

"My wife Cody was excited. We'd got the passport thing sorted out and we were all ready to set off for the States with our two kids, just waiting for a start date, so it was a real kick in the guts when nothing happened,'' he told the Aussie mag.

"I'm really bewildered. God knows, Quentin might ring up next week and say he's ready to start, 'Get over here'. And I might do it but I might not. I kind of wish he'd left me alone and it had never happened.''

Jarratt next appears in Greg 'Wolf Creek' McLean's giant crocodile thriller, "Rogue".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Neil

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 04, 2006, 11:15:47 AM
Jarratt next appears in Greg 'Wolf Creek' McLean's giant crocodile thriller, "Rogue".

Fuck QT when you've got a film about giant crocodiles, i mean honestly, this was the best move for his "career."
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Pubrick

Quote from: flagpolespecial on October 04, 2006, 04:02:14 PM
quentin probably realised he was a pussy and decided he didn't wanna work with him anymore.
haha are you serious? do you really think QT is "tough" or "cool" or any of that crap ppl feed him? he's a nerd, man. a nerd who has believed the hype about himself. nerds can be cool when they're smart enough to not fall victim to the image created by the douche bags who kept them from being "cool" in the first place. a good nerd: conan o brien.

if anything, QT was probably told that Jarratt's "coolness" has fallen below acceptable levels, and on the advice of his hangers-on decided to move on. actually that sounds sort of like what you're saying, which is pathetic if true. it wouldn't surprise me.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pubrick on October 04, 2006, 11:53:25 PM
if anything, QT was probably told that Jarratt's "coolness" has fallen below acceptable levels, and on the advice of his hangers-on decided to move on. actually that sounds sort of like what you're saying, which is pathetic if true. it wouldn't surprise me.

my bet is that he just "spaced" the whole Jarratt thing.

grand theft sparrow

modage

yep, this will be the greatest movie of all time!

diggler

they called him "machete"

i'm there
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

gob

Pozer

A Matter Of Chance

Gold Trumpet

The film world just got a little nerdier