Brett Ratner

Started by Spike, June 13, 2003, 04:09:31 PM

matt35mm

I shuddered.  But not because of Michael Jackson.

modage

FRI FREE FOR ALL: LIFETIME RATNER AWARD

You know those embarrassingly hyperbolic and self-important montages they do at the Oscars before they present an award? The ones designed to convince you that the recipient is the most important thing to happen to the universe since the big bang?  Ever wondered how those could possibly get any worse?  Answer: make the recipient BRETT RATNER and devote FIVE AND HALF MINUTES to how awesome he is.  This apparently came from a Kodak ShowEast Award from 2004.  The theme?  A night of no credibility.

Reached for comment, Ratner tweeted "@officialTila Hay gurl, did u c my award vid??  awsome rite? LOLzone!  letz do nachos sum time!!  HOLLATCHABOI!

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

©brad

SiliasRuby

I made it through the whole thing perhaps because I'm a masochist.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

B.C. Long

That is the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. "He won't stop until he gets the shot he wants!!!!"

MacGuffin

Brett Ratner backs 'organic' product placement
Director's consulting firm hired by Activision
Source: Hollywood Reporter

NEW YORK -- Director Brett Ratner discussed the risky business of integrating brands into movies Thursday at an Advertising Week event focused on "consumer attention in a media-saturated world."

Using the example of his current "Beverly Hills Cop" project -- which Ratner said is "a huge priority for Paramount -- the director said that Eddie Murphy will need to drive a car in the film, and that he has to figure out which one. Rather than doing a deal with a car maker and trying to force its product into the story, Ratner said the process must work the other way around.

"What are my needs for the story?" he explained in describing his search for an organic solution. "What car do I need that can become a character in the movie?"

In another example, Ratner argued that forcing a soda bottle into a movie scene makes it seem like a prop and doesn't have any branding effect because viewers will block it out. "It must be a character embedded in the story," he said, recounting how he absolutely wanted a Porsche 928 as a younger man because it played a key role in "Risky Business."

The director also told the audience about the work of his firm Brett Ratner Brands, saying it too, tries to combine "creativity and connectivity" in an organic way.

For example, for his first client Activision, he created "Guitar Hero" commercials with the help of Miley Cyrus and Mariah Carey, whom he has directed in music videos

Mandalay boss Peter Guber, who joined him on stage, agreed with Ratner's organic branding and marketing approach and also spent some time discussing digital media, such as Twitter and Facebook.

Such tools can help marketers attract attention and turn it into intention, Guber argued. "Word of mouth is now a technological tsunami," he said, suggesting to entertainment and other marketers that they should focus on reaching their core audiences "and let them do the viral marketing" for you.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Oh, god. He's the worst and now he thinks he's some product placement genius.

THE WORST.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

he has that story about when he wanted nick cage for Family Man, he found out what Nick Cage's favorite brand of watch was (amongst other things I think) and dropped them into the screenplay.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

Polanski arrest big break for Brett Ratner
Source: NY Post

THE timing of Roman Polanski's arrest in Switzerland on Sunday on a 31-year-old rape conviction couldn't have been better for Brett Ratner.

Hours before Polanski was busted in Zurich, Ratner taped an interview for BlogTalkRadio's "Movie Geeks United" show and announced he'll be producing a sequel to Marina Zenovich's 2008 documentary, "Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired."

"The family has forgiven [Polanski]. The victim has forgiven him. The rest of the world has forgiven him," said Ratner, who cast Polanski as a French detective in his movie "Rush Hour 3." "The LA judicial system is corrupt. It's horrible."

Polanski -- who directed "Repulsion," "Chinatown" and "Rosemary's Baby" -- fled the US in 1977 after admitting to drugging and then raping then 13-year-old Samantha Geimer at the Mulholland Canyon house of Jack Nicholson. Geimer, who now lives in Hawaii, has repeatedly said she doesn't want Polanski jailed.

Polanski himself didn't appear in Zenovich's film, but Ratner said on Movie Geeks United that he'd "agreed to participate" in the sequel.

"Marina screened the movie at my house, and I invited Roman's friends, like Bob Evans and Warren Beatty," Ratner said. "A bunch of his friends came to see the movie before Roman even saw it. He wanted it to be an honest depiction of what happened. And I think Marina did a brilliant job."

Since fleeing the US, Polanski, 76, has lived in France with his wife, actress Emmanuelle Seigner, and their two children. In a statement, his Paris-based lawyer Herve Temime said Polanski will fight possible extradition back to the States, saying, "He is in a fighting mood and determined to defend himself."

Ratner did not respond to repeated requests for comment via his publicist.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Quote from: MacGuffin on September 29, 2009, 11:28:09 PM
Polanski arrest big break for Brett Ratner
Source: NY Post

haha.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

ATTN: NYC
Director Brett Ratner will discuss his portion of the upcoming film NEW YORK, I LOVE YOU on October 14 at 5:00pm at the Apple Store SoHo in NY. There is no accompanying screening.

He might still be there!  Someone (not stuck at work) go get their copy of Rush Hour 3 signed!

Also: "Whatever Happened To Mason Reese?" Brett's Award Winning NYU Student Film!
http://shooterseries.squarespace.com/blog/2009/9/17/whatever-happened-to-mason-reese-bretts-award-winning-nyu-st.html

Keep Up With The Man:
http://twitter.com/brettratner
http://www.brettratner.com/
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SiliasRuby

So is this for any new york xixaxers who want to throw tomatoes at him...?
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Brett Ratner flying 'Kites'
Re-editing English-language version of Rakesh Roshan film
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Brett Ratner is re-editing an English-language version of Reliance BIG Pictures and Rakesh Roshan's "Kites," which will be released internationally in both Hindi and English, while in India it will play only in Hindi.

Directed by Anurag Basu, the film stars Hrithik Roshan and Barbara Mori.

"Kites" is a love story shot in Las Vegas, Mumbai, New Mexico and Los Angeles with music composed by Rajesh Roshan.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Ratner's going Bollywood  :doh:

matt35mm

I don't actually understand what this means.