(Wes Anderson) Just to add a topic

Started by ElPandaRoyal, January 08, 2003, 04:52:06 PM

ElPandaRoyal

I just wanted to say that, in my opinion, The Royal Tenenbaums is one of the most perfect films in movie history and I'm just looking forward to whatever Wes decides to do next (seems he's already finishing a script, written without Owen Wilson's contribution). But my guess is, whatever he does from now on, and how great his next movies get, he'll never make anything as perfect as TRT, but then again, I hope i'm wrong on this one  :wink:
Si

Xixax

And, according to IMDB, Wes is from Houston.

Not many good things come out of Houston. Except for me.

Seriously, Houston is a SUCK creative community. For a city that size, it's hard to believe that there's so little real talent there.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Redlum

I'm sure I read that his next film was in the UK, and todo with the off hours life of people in mi6. Cant find the damn tidbit now but it sounds pretty cool.

I love the fact that Owen Wilson digged PDL so much that it inspired him to get writing again.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

ElPandaRoyal

Yeah, and as much as I love Wes, and I really do, I'd die to see a script written only by Owen Wilson. It would probably be something... and yes, it's great that PDL inspired him, which reminds me of posting something in the PTA section...
Si

budgie

I get the feeling, though, that OW probably contributes more dialogue than anything (just from his rewriting his lines on other movies and the whole one-liner feel of his rewrites), so maybe a whole movie structure is beyond him?

ElPandaRoyal

Yeah, that might be true, budgie, but that's the main reason why I'd like to see a script by OW. To see what's his exact contribution.
Si

MacGuffin

From the December 2002 issue of Premiere magazine entitled "A Night in the Life of Owen Wilson":

Wilson insists that his life remains relatively untouched by the changed brought with the realization of Platt's prophecy. But when asked how his screenwriting process with Anderson has changed with each project, he's clearly conflicted about what it says about him and who he is as an artist that he's allowed his acting career to push his screenwriting with Anderson into the margins. "[During] Bottle Rocket we were living together. Rushmore and Tenenbaums, it was just trying to find the time..." he trails off. "I don't know how to type or use the computer so Wes would do that stuff. I'd use notebook paper or say it out loud or send it to Wes," he says, brushing his shaggy blond hair out of his eyes. " I should write more. Writing's hard." He looks heartbroken when asked about their next project together, in which, tellingly, Wilson will participate as an actor, but not a writer. "Wes has a story about an oceanographer that he came up with a long time ago. He has an idea for me and Bill Murray to play this father-son thing," says Wilson. "He's writing it. When he gets a draft done, he'll show it to me and maybe I can, uh, be helpful as an actor."

Entire article.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

i've been wondering with myself for the last little while if Owen Wilson is an idiot . . .

that one's going to cost me...

Xixax

Quote from: picolasi've been wondering with myself for the last little while if Owen Wilson is an idiot . . .
In the Andy Dick, Tom Green vein, I'd say so.

Isn't he always stoned?
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Satcho9

Haha...he totaly is Eli Cash

RegularKarate

Quote from: Michael WilsonAnd, according to IMDB, Wes is from Houston.

Not many good things come out of Houston. Except for me.

Seriously, Houston is a SUCK creative community. For a city that size, it's hard to believe that there's so little real talent there.

Yeah, but they went to school here in Austin and I believe they lived in Dallas for a long time too.

Dallas IS a shit city, but Austin radiates with genius.

Newtron

Newtron

Quote from: picolas

i've been wondering with myself for the last little while if Owen Wilson is an idiot . . .

jajajajaaaa

TenseAndSober

Wes and Owen are genius.

man.. the NOSE on owen... wtf happened to him?

I just hate seeing that thing on the screen.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"