Awesome: I F%!#in' Shot That!

Started by MacGuffin, March 09, 2006, 06:40:16 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: March 31st, 2006 (limited)

Starring: The Beastie Boys (Adam Horovitz, Michael Diamond, Adam Yauch), Mix Master Mike, Doug E. Fresh

Directed by: Adam Yauch 

Premise: A cinematic celebration of the Beastie Boys, who handed out 50 cameras to audience members at their sold-out performance in New York's famed Madison Square Garden. These 50 different passionate perspectives shot from the point-of-view of the audience take the viewer deep inside the world of a live Beastie Boys show, prismatically and kinetically, capturing the experience of a live musical performance.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Awesome; I Fuckin' Shot That! With Adam Yauch in person
Tuesday, March 28, 7:30 p.m.

2006, 90 mins. Directed by Adam Yauch. This innovative concert movie was shot with 50 video cameras handed out to fans at an October 2004 Beastie Boys concert at Madison Square Garden. A discussion with band member and filmmaker Adam Yauch (a.k.a. MCA, a.k.a. Nathanial Hörnblowér) will follow the screening.

At the Loews 34th Street, 312 West 34th Street, Manhattan.
Tickets are $24 public/$16 Museum members. Call 718-784-4520.

A selection of Beastie Boys' music videos will be shown in Behind the Screen's TV Lounge from March 25 through April 23.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

my buddies saw it at a critics screening here in boston, they said it's not very good at all.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

Quote from: pete on March 09, 2006, 11:19:36 PM
my buddies saw it at a critics screening here in boston, they said it's not very good at all.
i can believe that. i saw a sample of the same gimmick when they played on letterman. a million monkeys with a million typewriters will never write hamlet. expect the blurst of times.
under the paving stones.