The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

theyarelegion

That looks like Greenwood in the brown leather jacket.

Fernando

amazing.

like with cmbb this feels like an event, not just a film; just like Kubrick or right now Malick too, everyone is waiting for one of his.

and as far as trailers/teasers go this is it for me, I've seen enough.

Jeremy Blackman

Can't bring myself to watch the trailer.

ono

Joaquin does the Barry Egan run about 2/3rd of the way into the trailer.  These things do not happen by chance.  That, only on the first pass.  Can't wait for what the seventeenth will reveal.  Until then~!

Reel

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on July 19, 2012, 09:44:41 PM
Can't bring myself to watch the trailer.

I would say, brace yourself for it. I had to pause it like, ten times at first just to believe what I was seeing. If you've already watched the two teasers, there isn't too much more to be spoiled by here, but be prepared to start anticipating this movie more than any other in your entire life.

matt35mm

I'm just so glad that I can always count on you guys to understand how I feel about PTA and his films.

Kellen

I remember when it was announced that Elswit wasn't going to be on this,  I felt kinda worried just because it was the unknown.  However, my worries are now non existent, the film looks gorgeous.

Pozer

that wins best pic. the elements cant be denied this time no matter how gutless the academy feels like being.

such a handsomelooking thing that Massah.

i dont know what else to say i'm near a wine coma.

FK.

Cloudy

Reading these comments makes it that much harder not to watch it...I NEED SOME STILLS AT LEAST.

Pozer

Quote from: matt35mm on July 19, 2012, 10:32:43 PM
I'm just so glad that I can always count on you guys to understand how I feel about PTA and his films.

srsly. i got no one else in real life. no matter how hard i try. though more are responding to this one.

i won my wife over with meeting pt & ddl during cherems screenings but its still not the same as you guys.

aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww (。♥‿♥。)

Reel

Quote from: CloudAuteur on July 19, 2012, 10:57:33 PM
Reading these comments makes it that much harder not to watch it...I NEED SOME STILLS AT LEAST.

check out Kellen's av

EDIT: oops! not a still. SPOILER!!!! DON'T LOOK!

Quote from: Pozer on July 19, 2012, 10:51:52 PM
that wins best pic. the elements cant be denied this time no matter how gutless the academy feels like being.

I can hear the dumb speculation already "will THE MASTER UNCHAIN DJANGO?" ugh..

Jeremy Blackman

I already adblocked Kellen's avatar. Don't take it personally.

polkablues

Quote from: Reelist on July 19, 2012, 11:15:11 PM
I can hear the dumb speculation already "will THE MASTER UNCHAIN DJANGO?" ugh..

If some publication doesn't use that exact headline in the period leading up the Academy Awards, I will eat a hat.  Well, not a hat, maybe a fish.  Not A FISH, but some fish.  I'll eat some fish if that doesn't happen.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Cloudy

Many people have been saying how The Master should be winning the Oscar this year, but if this movie is made right, with PTA's touch, it shouldn't win and Lincoln will. That's just the Academy being the Academy. I'd probably take The Master over Lincoln any day (obviously I'm talking blindly...Lincoln will probably be epic in it's own right), but the Academy has their own rigid requirements that PTA's fare usually doesn't fit into. A lot of the time the best movies that stand the test of time, becoming living/breathing classic works of art, don't win...Kubrick is an obvious example.

Brando

It's just so pretty.

Trailer Spoiler

The seen with Joaquin and the guy with the tie was great/crazy.
If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.