The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

Pozer

Quote from: socketlevel on February 14, 2011, 09:25:23 PM
in my mind's eye i kept seeing a coen brothers film for some reason.

this is how i'm feeling about inherent vice. n e one else read(ing) it?

Reel

oh yeah! def. Big Lebowski influence there

socketlevel

Quote from: Pozer on February 15, 2011, 12:05:37 AM

the book or the script? if the script, do you have a link?
the one last hit that spent you...

Pozer

Quote from: socketlevel on February 15, 2011, 02:22:47 PM
Quote from: Pozer on February 15, 2011, 12:05:37 AM

the book or the script?

put it this way, one i'm reading is typo-free.

Stefen

Everyone I talk to who has read Inherent Vice says it's a gotdamn chore to get through and isn't even worth it. They all say it pissed them off more than anything. Figures PTA would adapt it just so he could show off.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Reel

those are all good signs. I don't want to have to read the book..

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Stefen on February 17, 2011, 12:10:03 AM
Everyone I talk to who has read Inherent Vice says it's a gotdamn chore to get through and isn't even worth it. They all say it pissed them off more than anything. Figures PTA would adapt it just so he could show off.

Hah, it took Martin Scorsese over ten years to read The Last Temptation of Christ. However, when this book came out, the reviews I read said the novel was Pynchon-light and not as audacious or difficult as his other books. However, I wouldn't be surprised if PTA does what he did for Oil! and just adapt a portion of the novel.

Stefen

I bought it. We'll see. I have trouble with reading comprehension anyways, so this will probably make my head explode. I've been trying to read Zinn's A People's History of the United States since 1492 and still haven't finished it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

Quote from: Stefen on February 17, 2011, 07:28:03 PM
I bought it. We'll see.

i dont think youll like it very much.

i dont think i like it very much.

looks like a good movie tho.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

I heard about this a few weeks ago from a friend working on it and was biting my tongue so hard not to say anything. Such perfect casting!

Fernando

Quote from: modage on April 12, 2011, 04:54:52 PM
Joaquin Phoenix In Talks For 'The Master'
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com/2011/04/joaquin-phoenix-in-talks-for-master.html

awesome news, although I would say the same if the headline said Pauly Shore instead of Joaquin Phoenix, I only care that this gets made asap..

Pas

Good news!Best movie-related news ever. Joaquin Pheonix is one of the best actors there is. Couldn't be happier.

Jeremy Blackman

I always loved him in U-Turn. Maybe I need to brush up on some of his other roles. Any suggestions?

socketlevel

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on April 12, 2011, 06:00:52 PM
I always loved him in U-Turn. Maybe I need to brush up on some of his other roles. Any suggestions?

TNT, Toby Norton Tucker
the one last hit that spent you...