Blossoms & Blood - works...?

Started by kotte, November 04, 2003, 05:50:04 AM

coffeebeetle

more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: Find Your MagaliFrom Premiere magazine:

The two-disc set includes a Superbit disc of the movie, valuable deleted scenes, and the best extra in the short history of the disc format— a wonderful short film, Blossoms and Blood, that utilizes deleted scenes, alternate takes, and other footage to create an experience just as shockingly beautiful as the film itself. — Ian Rainnie

Ummm, OK.

Even though the movie was technically an indie, they still had tons of money to promote it, and sometimes those gift baskets really do woo the critics..

kotte

Quote from: coffeebeetleMichael Penn!

thanks...

SoNowThen

It's not Michael Penn, it's actually

Quote from: Gsus4jaw n
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
eye en

or Jon Brion, in the english language.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Gsus4

sew now th n

dew knaw
t
maow
thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

awf

eye
will go ike awn yo az

hey teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee naaaaaa
wear d fuh  k  u aht?

sew now then

dough n t
g                 het
awwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
t    huh
raw n gggggggggggg
s eyeeeeeeeeeee d
affffffffffff
miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
bhed

meet the fockers

focker.
(played 3X0013)

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

B&B is the film equivalent to all the collages in the PDL DVD booklet.
Total FucKING MESS
AND I LOVE IT
PTA can be more punk rock nuts then he must like us to think
It's not a stand alone, but it definitley is cool.

SoNowThen

Quote from: Gsus4 (maverick)sew now th n

dew knaw
t
maow
thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

awf

eye
will go ike awn yo az

hey teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee naaaaaa
wear d fuh  k  u aht?

sew now then

dough n t
g                 het
awwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
t    huh
raw n gggggggggggg
s eyeeeeeeeeeee d
affffffffffff
miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
bhed

meet the fockers

focker.

I was just joshing around, y'know.

I'm just frustrated, because I have to read your posts out loud to understand them. That first letter - last letter thing was easier...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Alethia

i just rewatched it and i dont know why, i seem to be in the minority but i find blossoms and blood to be wonderful.  im not just saying that bc its PTA and he can do no wrong (couch sucked, but really, who gives a shit about that, it was fuckin two minutes long and they werent aiming for anything other than goofiness, i just wish i could have laughed)...i dont know, i get the same feeling watching that as i do watching the film (well, not entirely but y'know)....ah well.  so for me, yes it works.  quite well.