Iron And Wine

Started by A Matter Of Chance, February 13, 2005, 09:57:26 AM

NEON MERCURY

how do you guys like this?  in my opinion its just as solid as woman king. i like the song with the word "fuck" in it.  i cant remember the name of it, but its good.

Reinhold

i just bought two tickets to the december 6th iron & wine and calexico show at webster hall (manhattan) -- i'm gonna ask the next beautiful girl i see if she wants to go with me.

ps- can somebody e-mail me  or host the new album please?
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Reinhold

just got it. the spanish on the first track is a lil awkward, but the parts that are more iron and wine than calexico are simply wonderful. i really, really dig  Sixteen Maybe Less, and Dead Man's Will
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

The Perineum Falcon

He's playing at the Variety in Atlanta on Dec16.
I'll be there.
Who's with me?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Reinhold

i just saw iron & wine with calexico

i was directly in the center, leaning up against the front of the stage... just a monitor and the mic stand between me and sam beam.... maybe 4 feet total. it was great.

they played all of In the Reins and most of Woman King, and a couple tracks from Our Endless Numbered Days. nothing from Creek Drank the Cradle. ... calexico played a set of their own stuff. that was good, but i don't know what was what. iron and wine did a set of iron and wine only stuff. that was great.

highlights were the electric rock version of Jezebel, the electric bluegrass version of Gray Stables, a ridiculously powerful jammed version of He Lies in the Reins, and when he played the first bar of Such Great Hights and then stopped and laughed.  Woman King was also very intense, but it was at a slower tempo than on the album.

good show, except that there were a couple unnecessary opening acts.

samsong

did you see them at webster hall?

Reinhold

yep. ran into some tische kids too.