Frida (DVD)

Started by NEON MERCURY, July 13, 2003, 08:17:16 PM

NEON MERCURY

This film/dvd is Freak'n amazing!  I blind bought it the other day b/c I found Titus to be visual treat helmed by J. Taymor's direction..So wnted to see if she could do it again(and she did)...There is something cool about her style something that is macabre  within her visuals  ......(e.g. the sur-real sequence after her accident was nuts man!  The whole film feels like a painting in-a-way its very elegant with certain spots(touches) of nightmarish beauty(i.e. a Dvid Lynch film)...and the effects done to  the paintings are so damn cool it can really uinspire someone to be ----(this film makes you want to tap in to your  creative side and do something I can go on and on and on and on and on.............about the visual atmosphere this film contains (also mention has to go out to the fact it was shot by Rodrigo Prieto of amores perros, 8 mile, 25th  hour, and  upcoming 21 grams)......the score was great fits the film well i thought(but IMO best score of the year can be heard in- Talk to Her-)......  acting=fine across the board w/ high regards to Selma (and to you PTA fanboys Alfred Molina rocked- where was his acad nomination ?)
In conclusion if any-one wants to own a solid A film in a two disk loaded set pick it up!

NEON MERCURY

um.....is there anbody whos een this ???????
i thought for sure this would at least got onne reply(other than myself)....
i guess thats what i get for thinking.....

Sleuth

This board is obviously racist.  You saw what happened when Pete replied to too many threads that mentioned Asia.  JB, Godardian, and I (the most politicized members of the board) are trying to stop racism once and for all, so don't worry
I like to hug dogs

Lt. Col Baby Dinosaur

coffeebeetle

I've been meaning to pick this up.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)