TOP 10 2005

Started by modage, January 02, 2006, 05:14:12 PM

polkablues

Quote from: Cinephile on February 16, 2006, 10:15:33 PM
jesus christ. when did crash become 2005's answer to Triumph of the Will?

i can't take this shit.

Triumph of the Will was actually good filmmaking, though.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Alethia

i can't take this shit.

well shit man, i hope it doesn't keep ya up too many nights

cine

Quote from: eward on February 17, 2006, 08:48:54 PM
i can't take this shit.
well shit man, i hope it doesn't keep ya up too many nights
nah, man, i'm cool. i hope you don't lose sleep when it wins some oscars, cos i'll be fine..  :yabbse-thumbup:

Alethia

w/o horse

Crash winning Oscars will be boring, not irritating.  Like the fat chick showing up for the prom in the prettiest dress.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

cine

Quote from: Losing the Horse: on February 19, 2006, 02:07:36 AM
Crash winning Oscars will be boring, not irritating.  Like the fat chick showing up for the prom in the prettiest dress.
crash winning oscars won't be boring. watching a whole oscar ceremony where one movie wins every oscar.. THAT'S boring.

modage

especially if that film doesnt deserve them, so let's hope they spread em around this year. 

i think Crash is this years Garden State.  its at the very least an 'okay' movie with some good things going for it and yet everyone has found that it stands for everything they hate. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

well, movies with good things in them that end up being really bad are worse than movies where everything is bad.  I'd rather watch an amatuer b-movie than Patch Adams and I'd rather watch Patch Adams than Alexander and I'd rather watch Alexander than Crash.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Gamblour.

I'd rather watch Days of Thunder than Top Gun and I'd rather watch Top Gun than Mission Impossible: 2 and I'd rather watch Mission Impossible: 2 than The Last Samurai. wow that really does work. But then I'd really rather watch Days of Thunder over all of them.
WWPTAD?

The Red Vine

Quote from: Gamblour le flambeur on February 19, 2006, 03:53:48 PM
I'd rather watch Days of Thunder than Top Gun and I'd rather watch Top Gun than Mission Impossible: 2 and I'd rather watch Mission Impossible: 2 than The Last Samurai. wow that really does work. But then I'd really rather watch Days of Thunder over all of them.

I'd rather watch a kangaroo masturbate than to watch any of those movies.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

Gamblour.

then you don't have a sense of humor?
WWPTAD?

The Red Vine

Quote from: Gamblour le flambeur on February 19, 2006, 05:09:49 PM

of course I do  :yabbse-grin:

hardy har har
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

Reinhold

Quote from: RedVines on February 19, 2006, 05:14:00 PM
Quote from: Gamblour le flambeur on February 19, 2006, 05:09:49 PM

of course I do  :yabbse-grin:

hardy har har

oh. i didn't realize he was joking... i thought he really wanted to watch

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

polkablues

Quote from: modage on February 19, 2006, 10:07:44 AM
i think Crash is this years Garden State.  its at the very least an 'okay' movie with some good things going for it and yet everyone has found that it stands for everything they hate. 

The problem with that comparison is that Garden State was a harmless little personal movie, while Crash threatens to destroy the very fabric of reality, one hack scene at a time.

Maybe that's an overstatement.... 

Nope.  Fabric of reality, destroyed.  I mean seriously, watch the part where Tony Danza's talking to Terence Howard and tell me that shit's not damaging the universe.
My house, my rules, my coffee

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: polkablues on February 19, 2006, 06:00:05 PM
Quote from: modage on February 19, 2006, 10:07:44 AM
The problem with that comparison is that Garden State was a harmless little personal movie, while Crash threatens to destroy the very fabric of reality, one hack scene at a time.
Maybe that's an overstatement.... 
Nope.  Fabric of reality, destroyed.  I mean seriously, watch the part where Tony Danza's talking to Terence Howard and tell me that shit's not damaging the universe.

i dont hate on crash as much as most here do...i think the score and cinematography are both quite nice...some of the dialogue is bad and i am not a fan of most of the actors in this film...i liked ryan phillipe/cheadle the most...and i thought that sandra bulluck looked very hot in this film...i do to give crash props for doing something different with the stereotypes/races...spoilers..............................like, in most films african-americans are portrayed as martyrs and the white people are the devils...but in this film a few of the black characters ended up having no redeeming qualities...thats very unusual...in most hollywood films the racial trumpt card is always given to the minorities...and i like how they threw my ass for a loop..when out of all the characters that i related to the most and felt their situations....ryan was who i was pulling for to have a happy ending...and he fucked up...and i like how they made cheadle fuck over his own race to better himself...end of spoilers...........

maybe cine's right..ths iaint that bad.....
its pretty much anit-hollywood in a way...i'll be pulling for munich though