Best zombie movies

Started by Ghostboy, June 17, 2003, 01:43:35 AM

Sleuth

28 Days Later sure is awesome (I ended up seeing it through alternative means)
I've always liked the original Night of the Living Dead
Dead Alive/Braindead is hilarious

(and I liked Resident Evil too)
I like to hug dogs

bonanzataz

Resident Evil kicks major booty. It's such an awesome movie, I own the DVD and it's probably one of the most watched movies in my collection. The commentary is funny as hell, check that out.

I love the Evil Dead series and I love Night of the Living Dead (never seen any of the other Romeros). I also can't wait for 28 Days Later, I've been waiting to see it since I visited England and it had just left theaters (DAMN!).

Michael Jackson's Thriller video is pretty cool.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

children with angels

"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

modage

-Plan 9 From Outer Space (1958)
-Night Of The Living Dead (1968)
-Dawn Of The Dead (1978)
-The Evil Dead (1981)
-Day Of The Dead (1985)
-Re-Animator (1985)
-Evil Dead II: Dead By Dawn (1987)
-Bride Of Re-Animator
-Braindead aka Dead Alive (1992)
-Army Of Darkness (1993)
-28 Days Later (2003)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

I LOVE Zombie movies.  Who doesn't?

Dead Alive
Evil Dead II
Fulci's Zombie
Dawn of the Dead

I even dig the occasional Return of the Living Dead movie (I hear Tobe Hooper will be directing the next couple sequels)

I've written a couple (unmade) and played a zombie in a friend of mine's.

Sleuth

source: Cinescape

Principal photography on DAWN OF THE DEAD has begun. Universal Pictures issued a press release today stating that Zack Snyder's picture has begun shooting in and around the city of Toronto, Canada. The movie is scheduled for release sometime in 2004.

Universal described the remake's storyline as follows:

"In DAWN OF THE DEAD, an unexplained plague has decimated the world's population and yet...the dead aren't dying. They've become zombies, stalking endlessly in a constant quest to feed on the flesh and blood of the few remaining living.

"A ragtag group of desperate survivors in a Wisconsin town seek refuge in a large indoor shopping mall, where they must learn not only to protect themselves from the ever-increasing zombie horde, but also to co-exist with each other as one of the last bastions of humanity. Sealed off from the rest of what used to be the world, the group uses every available resource (both within and without) in their against-all-odds fight to remain alive and human."

Universal also beefed up the known list of crewmembers working on the film, which now includes director of photography Matt Leonetti (2 FAST 2 FURIOUS), production designer Andrew Neskoromny (THE CORE), costume designer Denise Cronenberg (SPIDER), prosthetics make-up designer David Anderson (both MEN IN BLACK films) and editor Niven Howie (LOCK, STOCK AND TWO SMOKING BARRELS). The film's producers are original DAWN producer Richard P. Rubinstein, Marc Abraham (SPY GAME) and Eric Newman (THE EMPEROR'S CLUB). Exec producers are Tom Bliss (THE HURRICANE), Armyan Bernstein (AIR FORCE ONE) and Dennis E. Jones (VIRUS).
I like to hug dogs

Cecil

Quote from: mogwaiWhat the hell is this???

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0363547

a mistake

dufresne

i'm thinking about catching these two flicks as a double feature at the local cinema:

http://www.moviefone.com/showtimes/theater.adp?theaterid=165&date=20030617&uid=30

Barn of the Naked Dead (Nightmare Circus)
Invasion of the Blood Farmers

anyone seen these?
There are shadows in life, baby.

Sleuth

No, but I've seen Night of the Living Bread
I like to hug dogs

bonanzataz

Quote from: tremoloslothNo, but I've seen Night of the Living Bread

that was so not funny. they included it in one of the VHS editions of Night of the Living Dead (back when DVD was just a glimmer in your mother's eyes).
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Mesh

Does this:

...qualify as a zombie movie?  Either way, it's fantastic, a real landmark in the Euro horror canon.

modage

Dead Reckoning: 'J Smith' just got back from a Q & A session with Director George Romero ("Night of the Living Dead") that was held at Western Kentucky University and thought readers might like some of the tidbits he tossed out:
 "He discussed the fact that Fox Searchlight does have the rights to the 4th zombie movie, but unfortunately they refuse to move ahead with it unless they can secure the Night of the Living Dead moniker. Apparently they also refused the titles Dead Reckoning, as well as Land of the Dead. An audience member mentioned the fact that they had heard Anchor Bay offered to foot the bill for the film and he confirmed this, stating that if the Fox thing fell through he would rework the script to fit an Anchor Bay budget. Also discussing the 4th film he gave out some plot points. Basically the film will take place in a city in where the remaining humans live and focus on the people who must leave the city in order to retrieve the "finer things in life" such as perfumes, fabrics, and the like. (he noted this was based on his home town of Pittsburgh and how city, being in the shape of a triangle, could easily be cut off from the rest of the world by one wall). He also made a later note that he would probably continue having the lead actor being african-american.
 He also commented on another project he was working on and excited about involving the composer of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. The film would focus on a rock band who return from the grave. He made mention of it possibly being a "Boy Band" who cause a building to fall on them as a result of an amp explosion. His take sounded hilarious and cracked up the entire audience. He noted he was hard at work on a script for a Dracula mini-series for ABC (or it may have been NBC, I couldn't tell). He noted that they were attempting to adapt the Bram Stoker novel without having the characters talk like they're from a Bram Stoker novel. Not sure if this meant it would be a modern retelling, or simply the original story using more modern dialogue. Overall, Mr. Romero is extremely accomodating to the fans, and answered questions until the staff made him stop. He was even nice enough to sign autographs before and after the show, take pictures, and simply talk with fans. Overall, it was a great experience".
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.