Twin Peaks: Season 2 (Uhh. I'm tired of waiting for the DVD)

Started by Myxo, July 02, 2003, 01:01:18 PM

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffinTwin Peaks Season 2 gets new DVD transfers

:multi:

MacGuffin

Latest Rumor for Release Dates of Twin Peaks Season 2 in Europe Region 2

Paramount will be releasing the Twin Peaks Season 2 DVD set split up into two box sets containing 4 discs each. The first to be released on September 22nd, 2005, and the second half on October 20th 2005. The set is supposed to contain new video transfers, 5.1 newly re-mastered audio, and extras to be announced. Eventually a US release will follow.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Official Word from Paramount International Regarding Twin Peaks Season 2 on DVD

Below is an email that was forwarded to Dugpa.com by John Sullmeyer, creator of the Twin Peaks Season 2 petition from the Vice President of Marketing for Paramount Home Video International:

We're still pulling materials together, we have a lot of good interviews from the cast and Crew in the bag, but the biggest issue facing us now is resting on the masters, which are in a pretty poor state. We're hoping to have Mr. Lynch oversee the creation of the new masters and also the creation of a new 5.1 soundtrack!

so all in all, it's taken us longer than we hoped, but it's getting there - we're still planning to hold the Q4 release dates (if we can!).
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Myxo

Quote from: MacGuffinOfficial Word from Paramount International Regarding Twin Peaks Season 2 on DVD

Below is an email that was forwarded to Dugpa.com by John Sullmeyer, creator of the Twin Peaks Season 2 petition from the Vice President of Marketing for Paramount Home Video International:

We're still pulling materials together, we have a lot of good interviews from the cast and Crew in the bag, but the biggest issue facing us now is resting on the masters, which are in a pretty poor state. We're hoping to have Mr. Lynch oversee the creation of the new masters and also the creation of a new 5.1 soundtrack!

so all in all, it's taken us longer than we hoped, but it's getting there - we're still planning to hold the Q4 release dates (if we can!).

They better!

Man, I was so disappointed when I bought Season 1 and found out they never released Season 2.

MacGuffin

Twin Peaks Season Two DVD delayed until 2006

Dugpa.com is reporting that the Season Two dvds of Twin Peaks are being delayed until next year to allow time for Paramount to work with Lynch on producing the best discs possible. While it's a minor bummer that we have to wait longer, Lynch supervised transfers and his involvement are well worth the wait in my mind.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Twin Peaks Season 2 Soundtrack CD in the Works?
Source: dugpa.net

Tonight I was lucky enough to be in the chat room of David Lynch.com when David Lynch popped in. Below is one of my questions and answer that I got:

dugpa__ [11:10 PM PST]: I read on a message board a few months back that Angelo said he was working on getting some of the Twin Peaks Season 2 music out. Is there any truth to what I read?

DAVIDLYNCH [11:11 PM PST]: PERHAPS DUG - YES

Skeleton FilmWorks

colbent

Did you save the full text of the chat? Or a least some interesting question/answers?

Pubrick

Quote from: colbentDid you save the full text of the chat? Or a least some interesting question/answers?
hey kid, mac is not dugpa. see this part of his message:
Quote from: MacGuffinSource: dugpa.net
indicates that he quoted the story from somewhere else on the internet. "how" do u ask? well, on this here internets information is abundant and accessible to anyone willing to search for it. even you can use the internets to visit other message boards, accustom yourself to the theory of copying/pasting, browse, and who knows, maybe become a dugpa yourself one day.

i welcome u to the board, and implore u to introduce urself. (<--- these words are a link to a thread where u can introduce urself, click on them)

finally, maybe u should go to dugpa.com (or any david lynch fansite) and ask ur question directly to dugpa himself. cos u know, as a complete stranger popping out of nowhere, i'm sure he'll be super happy to answer ur request.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Lynch Mentions Twin Peaks Season 2 Delays at Ann Arbor Lecture
Source: dugpa.net

Last night at one of the Consciousness, Creativity and Transcendental Meditation lectures in Ann Arbor, Michigan, a fan asked about the status of Twin Peaks Season Two. Lynch responded that he'd been planning on doing the 5.1 mix of the Twin Peaks Season Two DVD in his home studio, but then things stalled and he never got the go-ahead. He's still waiting for the go-ahead.

Skeleton FilmWorks

colbent

Quote from: Pubricksome condescending stuff

Yeah, sorry, I guess, I don't know. I was probably really excited or something and didn't bother to read that dugpa thing. The internet is exciting.

penfold0101

I'm all a bit confused,
nothing happening with this until lynch gets the go ahead to do the sound mix then.......... well that rubbish!
I've watched season one about twelfty times now! i need closure!!
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

mogwai

Quote from: penfold0101 on November 10, 2005, 06:22:45 AMI've watched season one about twelfty times now! i need closure!!

david lynch and trent reznor loves to keep their fans on the edge of their seats. :yabbse-sad:

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: penfold0101 on November 10, 2005, 06:22:45 AM
I'm all a bit confused,
nothing happening with this until lynch gets the go ahead to do the sound mix then.......... well that rubbish!
I've watched season one about twelfty times now! i need closure!!

i feel your pain brother...i was at hollywood video yesterday and i saw in the used vhs section episodes 25-29 for $7.99. i looked for episodes 8-24 but no luck.  btu at least i got closure w/ some gaps in between. 

Ravi

The VHS tapes are awful.  They were recorded in SLP or EP mode.  I rented some of the tapes then stopped because I figured the DVDs would be here soon.  This was a few years ago and I'm still waiting.

penfold0101

I've never even seen a VHS copy in the UK!
grrr maybe i should download them........ but i want the beautiful crisp, clean and vibrant quality of the season one DVDs!!

what a dilemma!
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.