(Wes Anderson) Eric Chase Anderson's art

Started by kassius, April 30, 2007, 10:07:44 AM

kassius

I know this isn't directly related to Wes Anderson, but I couldn't find a single forum online to discuss Eric Chase Anderson, so I figured I'd come here and at least give my question a shot.

I'm looking for a print or poster of some of his work? I particularly like some of the artwork found on the Royal Tenenbaums' Criterion DVD or either the Rushmore and Life Aquatic DVD cover from Criterion.

Does anybody know if any of the Criterion DVD covers, are sold as poster artwork? I've looked all over the 'net. I'm really looking for something from The Life Aquatic though.

The only thing I can possibly think about doing is creating a cap from a DVD, saving it as a JPEG, and going to some custom poster company and having them blow something up for me! I'm sure it will look nowhere as good as a solid print but what other option is there?

I also would like to give my money to the artist directly, or at least buy from a company, that he would somewhat profit from. BUT Eric Chase Anderson like Jeremy Blake is hard to find prints from – I've searched for both. 

modage

i have no idea where/if you can buy them, but i do know someone who scanned in everything for a flickr set!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ignorantandbackward/sets/72157594404134115/

and he has a book.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.