this is scandalous, not that godawful song, the thread

Started by Pas, September 15, 2005, 05:57:31 PM

mogwai

i love these quotes:

Quote from: RegularKarateBrian Wilson's Smile is a complete pile of shit and half the stuff he wrote is fuggin nonsense.
Quote from: life_boyU2 can't stop poverty, no matter how many half-assed echoy-riff rock records they record (or how much they charge for tickets).
Quote from: Cinephilethe beatles were only good in the early 60's

my chemical romance is the 21st century's answer to new kids on the block.

Pas

How to dismantle an atomic bomb was a load of shit...except I sing along to Vertigo

Slick Shoes

if isaac brock got rid of that lisp, i'd probably still hate modest mouse.

i appreciate sigur ros more than i actually enjoy them.

sufjan stevens isn't that great.

i like all jon brion's film work, but that solo album he did sucks.

Gamblour.

I was almost impressed with My Chemical Romance's cover of Under Pressure.

Kiss sucks so hard.

The 80s sucked, except for Rush, Michael Jackson, Metallica, and Huey Lewis. Why are bands trying to sound like that again!?

I've never gotten indie rock and have tried my damnedest, I won't worship that god.

I secretly hate the Mars Volta live, but I love their cds so much.

The Streets are more amusing to me than actually good. "Yo fit but muh gosh, dun you know et"

I love 311, but I avoid talking about them on here because they're talented.

I tend to loathe nonmusician's taste in music, but love it when we do agree.

The White Stripes do not need a better drummer, because it would ruin what I like about them, and Jack White is the next Dylan.
WWPTAD?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Punk is bad.  You can go to a live show, feel energy, mosh, enjoy yourself... but really, it's totally untalented.

Bob Marley is all right in small doses, but Reggae in general puts me to sleep.

Green Day is yet to hit a high point in their career.

Who decided that Elvis was talented?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

squints

Quote from: RegularKarateBrian Wilson's Smile is a complete pile of shit and half the stuff he wrote is fuggin nonsense.

Brian Wilson didn't write that fuggin nonsense. Van Dyke Parks did while he was all hopped up on Benzedrine. The cd is forgetable but everyone should see Beautiful Dreamer
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pas

mogwai

will you stop it with your (m)onster(r) thingies?

Pas

Oh and I also love this song :

If you steal my sunshine - Len

And I think their videos were the shit !

Quote from: mogwaiwill you stop it with your (m)onster(r) thingies?

it's not like it wasn't the first time I did that

oh and also I think I made the worst posts of my own thread so  :(

RegularKarate

Quote from: squints

Brian Wilson didn't write that fuggin nonsense. Van Dyke Parks did while he was all hopped up on Benzedrine. The cd is forgetable but everyone should see Beautiful Dreamer

I wasn't specifically talking about Smile...

Coolin' so coolin' coolin' me
Coolin' so coolin' coolin' me
Have some cool clear water
(Drink a little drip drip drip drip drink a little)
(Water coolin' me)

Have some cool clear water
(Drink a little drip drip drip drip drink a little)
(Water coolin' me)

From the mountains on down to the sea
Cool water keeps on coolin' me
When the nights are too hot to keep cool
I keep on dreamin' 'bout a swimmin' pool

When I'm just too hot to move
Cool cool water is such a groove
In a shady spot when I'm layin' down
Only thing movin' are the ants on the ground

When I'm thirsty and I reach for a glass
Cool water tastes like such a gas

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

hedwig

Quote from: WalrusPunk is bad.  

whoa, what stinks?

the putrid odor of a massive, baseless generalization.

props to y'all for expressing your views. but im gonna go cry now.

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Bethie

Quote from: WalrusGripes
Bob Dylan is grossly overrated.

This is the only one I feel the need to pick out. I think you're wrong. If you can say this then you should listen to more of his catalogue of songs.

A few of my own:

Pink Floyd bores me to death.

The Eagles bore me to death.

George Thorogood songs make me want death.

Stevie Nicks voice is awful. I can't stand anything she sings. It's like nails on a chalkboard. Same with Billy Corgan. Could never get into the Pumpkins because of his annoying voice.

I like Britney Spears.

Phil Collins. Sucks. "In the Air Tonight" has to be one of the worst song ever created. sleepfest.
who likes movies anyway

Weird. Oh

It confuses and saddens me that my generation's representation for  rock band is Radiohead. Of course it could be worse, it could be Linkin Park or such.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.