Outkast Double CD Speakerboxxx/The Love Below

Started by Banky, September 11, 2003, 10:30:04 PM

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Banky

Quote from: European SonI'm currently listening to Andre 3000's disc on MTV.com. This is some wild stuff. This is the most creative and freshest hip-hop (if you can even call it that) to come along in, well, ages. I have a feeling that this will end up being album of the year. It's going to be huge.

nice work

Dirk

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat
Quote from: European SonI'm currently listening to Andre 3000's disc on MTV.com. This is some wild stuff. This is the most creative and freshest hip-hop (if you can even call it that) to come along in, well, ages. I have a feeling that this will end up being album of the year. It's going to be huge.
Oh shit yes this is great....
Any leaked mp3s yet?

The whole album is on Soulseek. Oh well..
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Banky

do you think for awards that each solo album could be nominated or only the collective double cd?

European Son

Any awards will be given to the double CD since theoretically it is one album. If they wanted individual award nominations, they could have released each album seperately under their own names.

RegularKarate

I have decided that this album will quite possibly be the best album of the year.

Even if just for the Andre 3k disc.

European Son

Quote from: RegularKarateI have decided that this album will quite possibly be the best album of the year.

Even if just for the Andre 3k disc.
I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Agreed. Hell, the Andre disc even tops Hail to the Thief. I can't wait for them to tour. The songs will be ridiculous live.

Banky

man outkast is the shit.  I was just watching MTV and they were on TRL.  Andre 3000 went on there with a guitar an played some "Hey Ya" acoustic.

Fuck the state of hip-hop where talantless ass clowns hold goblets and make "hit" records

Ghostboy

Quote from: European SonI can't wait for them to tour. The songs will be ridiculous live.

Andre said he's not going to tour. Big Boi will be doing his stuff, but I'm really not too interested in seeing him solo.

I hope I can get off work in time tonight to make it to Tower Records by 1am. But if not, tomorrow's only a day away.

Banky

i saw Outkat live a couple of years ago.  It was during their Stankonia tour.  The concert was incredible.  They played all the hits and did an encore of B.O.B.  It is still the best concert ive ever seen.

European Son

Quote from: GhostboyAndre said he's not going to tour..
That makes me cry. How sad. Cmon Andre.....

Sleuth

Listening now

I started with Big Boi's disc Speakerboxxx and it's fucking great so far
I like to hug dogs

cinemanarchist

The love below is one of the most remarkable albums I've heard in a very long time. Andre 3000 is a damned genius. They are selling this for 10.99 at best buy...pick it up NOW...they were flying off shelves when I was in there today. I wonder how people are going to take to Dre's disc since there is so little actual rapping on it. Fucking fantastic

"Motherfuck the wagon, come and join the band."

Andre 3000
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Sleuth

Hey you guys, I ended up liking Big Boi's disc more
I like to hug dogs

Banky

i dig Andres new sound but he needs to keep rappin.