BARTON FINK/MILLER'S CROSSING

Started by Bud_Clay, March 05, 2003, 12:32:26 AM

Bud_Clay

May 20th apparently the coen's "Barton Fink" & "Miller's Crossing" will finally be blessed with a dvd release......as they have long since been in need of such a thing!

& if my memory serves me correctly they will be only $13.99 each at www.dvdplanet.com

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Bud_Clay

what is that yesterday's news?...i only just found out about it. i'm not so up to date..

sphinx

guffy had the cover art more than a month ago.  i eagerly anticipate barton fink deleted scenes

MacGuffin

Quote from: Bill Maplewoodi'm not so up to date..

Go here and you will be. Scroll down near the bottom to see the cover art.
http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=9444#9444
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Bud_Clay

That's all good stuff.. glad to hear jonze's music videos will finally be readily available....too bad it will take as long as august.

on a seperate note might anyone perhaps know when "Read My Lips" or "Trouble Every Day" will finally be available?...its insane...

dufresne

this is the best dvd news i've heard in a while.  the cover of Miller's Crossing is great.
There are shadows in life, baby.

dufresne

so anyone get theirs yet?  what do you think?
There are shadows in life, baby.

godardian

Quote from: dufresneso anyone get theirs yet?  what do you think?

Got my Barton, and it looks/sounds really good. It also includes deleted scenes, which is a plus; I'd assumed, given the price and the studio, there wouldn't be any real extras.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

joeybdot

I Just Got My Miller's Crossing yeah baby!!

MacGuffin

The Barry Sonnnenfeld interview on "Miller's Crossing" is excellent. Nice stories about how he got his start and met the Coen Bros.; even tells how he and Kubrick are contrasts of the use of wide angle lenses.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Holden Pike

You mean the R2 Fargo SE, yes? Yeah, the new documentary, "Minnestoa Nice", is real good, you betch'ya!

I got both the R1 Miller's Crossing and Barton Fink DVDs today. They're great. The Sonnenfeld interview is definitely the best special feature on either disc, really good (though only 16-minutes long).
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream, it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film."
- Frank Capra

godardian

My Region 1 Fargo has nothin'.  :(
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Keener

Quote from: MacGuffinHoly Shit!! Really?!?

:roll:

Such hostility. Let's all give MacGuffin a hug.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama