Evangelion Live Action: Weta, ADV, and Gainax

Started by Jake_82, December 21, 2003, 12:45:36 PM

Jake_82

This is old news, but I realized there's no post here about it. The incredible anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion is being made into a live action film (or films) in a joint production by ADV Films, who released the series on DVD state-side; Weta Workshop, the special effects workshop created during the production of the Lord of the Rings trilogy; and Gainax, the orignial production studio of the animated version.

If you haven't seen the series already, I suggest you go out and give it a try. Despite its outwardly cheesy presence, the series grows gradually more intricate and fascinating over the course of its 26 episodes and feature film conclusion. The possibility of this becoming a film is mindblowing considering the unique look of the series-- especially when Weta is involved. It could either turn out to be a phenomenal disgrace or the best thing imaginable. Anyway, just thought I would point this out... for more information, there's a comprehensive archive of all the news related to the production on http://eva.trivialbeing.net
your reality is at the end of your dream