I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

You Never Got Me Down Ray

hey analog zombie, let me know how that bergman box is. Especially Silence, it looks pretty interesting, but after only having seen Seventh Seal (and being not too impressed by it) I have my doubts. Thanks.

Oh i do have wild strawberries coming in the mail.

http://dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=davidbrown
My life has taken another turn again. The days move along with regularity, over and over. One day indistinguishable from the next. A long, continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is change.

Quote from: SoNowThenLooking at her makes me happy.

I think of the scene in the wine cellar when Antoine tries to kiss her...

Yes, she is goddamn adorable alright. Although i wasnt too thrilled with the last two of the doinel series, she makes them well worth the buy. Hell, just 400 blows alone was worthy of my $65!
My life has taken another turn again. The days move along with regularity, over and over. One day indistinguishable from the next. A long, continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is change.

analogzombie

Quote from: meaty ogre
Quote from: SoNowThenLooking at her makes me happy.

I think of the scene in the wine cellar when Antoine tries to kiss her...

Yes, she is goddamn adorable alright. Although i wasnt too thrilled with the last two of the doinel series, she makes them well worth the buy. Hell, just 400 blows alone was worthy of my $65!

ok, I'm going to watch the Bergman titles today, so I'll give ya a quick impression afterwards. And I love that Doniel box set. 'Love on the Run' is very sub-standard and 'Bed and Board' is just ok, but the box as a whole is wonderful. All the extras make up for the dip in the series. Can anyone recommend which dvd version of 'Breathless' is worth buying?
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

penfold0101

I watched the extreme channel the other day and caught some street skating, i was quite impressed. so i thought I'd check out some more. During my research i came across this DVD directed by Spike Jones. from what i read its considered one of the very best in the genre.
Could not find it any cheaper than £35 in the UK quick search later Found it for under £8 delivered from the US! I love the interweb :kiss:

more randomly purchased skate stuff!

Can any one recommend any others? Or if its been discussed before point me in the right direction.
Ta
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

Quote from: penfold0101

Can any one recommend any others? Or if its been discussed before point me in the right direction.
Ta

the CKY's! Ha, no....  no. no   .    Whatever happened to that movie by Bam Margera? "Haggard",  i believe it was called.
context, context, context.

penfold0101

You can buy Haggard: The Movie in the US saw it on many a web site when looking for skate stuff, its not about skateboarding though. So i left it alone.
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

NEON MERCURY

Morvern Callar(sorry ..no pic)?

kotte

Just ordered it today. It's just so incredibly good. Can't wait.

FeloniousFunk

Quote from: penfold0101Can any one recommend any others? Or if its been discussed before point me in the right direction.
Ta

Here's a couple of Girl/Chocolate videos that Jonze has directed:

I can't find a picture of the other one, but it's called "Mouse."

FeloniousFunk

Total: 23 dollars.

Has anyone heard of this documentary:

Myxo

mogwai

expect a lot of caps and shit at this thread very very soon. you've been warned.

Pedro

Quote from: penfold0101

I haven't seen YEAH RIGHT YET, but it's gotta be good if it's a GIRL vid. Mouse is only available on vhs. Girl's first video, GOLDFISH is also on vhs, but I'm not sure if it's directed by Spike. Chocolate's first vid LAS NUEVE VIDAS DE PACO is also directed by Spike.

I'm not really into the whole skate thing anymore, but I just got REALLY SORRY, a FLIP dvd. It comes with the original SORRY that was never released on dvd.

eS's MENIKMATI is great, and look out for their new one coming out (soon?). I heard PJ LADD'S WONERFUL HORRIBLE LIFE is great, but I haven't seen it. Hope that helps a bit.

And I fucking love that Stanley (UHF) banner!

Peace.

Quote from: Pedro the WombatTHE DECALOGUE
TRILOGY

Kieslowski   ,  i imagine you have Heaven already.
context, context, context.