$3.88

Started by Keener, July 08, 2003, 08:42:45 PM

oakmanc234

That's fucked up. I got my VHS copy of 'Magnolia' for $4 bucks at a video store! This was ages ago, though.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

jokerspath

I realized a few months ago that I had never seen Magnolia in anything but the widescreen aspect (theatre, DVD).  Then, one day, it was playing on someone's TV and I sat down to watch it and realized they were watching the video version and I got hot and red and a bit embarrased and excused myself.  

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

phil marlowe

Quote from: jokerspathI realized a few months ago that I had never seen Magnolia in anything but the widescreen aspect (theatre, DVD).  Then, one day, it was playing on someone's TV and I sat down to watch it and realized they were watching the video version and I got hot and red and a bit embarrased and excused myself.  

aw
umm...whaa?

ono

I know exactly what he means.  Since I've come to really love movies, I can't watch anything in the 4:3 television aspect ratio.  It's gotta be letterboxed.  It's gotta be 1.77:1 (16:9) or 1.85:1 or 2.35:1.  Otherwise, it just looks wrong.  Except of course for movies that were made in 4:3.  But still, ugh.

jokerspath

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaI know exactly what he means.  Since I've come to really love movies, I can't watch anything in the 4:3 television aspect ratio.  It's gotta be letterboxed.  It's gotta be 1.77:1 (16:9) or 1.85:1 or 2.35:1.  Otherwise, it just looks wrong.  Except of course for movies that were made in 4:3.  But still, ugh.

Zactly.

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Pubrick

even post-barrylyndon kubrick films?
under the paving stones.

jokerspath

Quote from: Peven post-barrylyndon kubrick films?

Well, personally, its awkward to watch Kubrick's later stuff in standard (or whatever the actual size is) and realize this is what he wanted.  But, of course, I watch it regardless, because its the only way I can get it.  Daddy needs his fix...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

ono

What jokerspath said.  That's exactly what I was thinking of when I qualified that original statement.

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: KeenerI also got Sex, Lies and Videotape on DVD for $5.88.

Being the facists that Walmart execs tend to be, i'm suprised its not called "Whoopie, Misleading Facts, and Videotape"!

Nick

Ravi

Quote from: Peven post-barrylyndon kubrick films?

Let's not start this debate again!

Vile5

Ey! i bought a VCD from Punch drunk love for $2
well this is Peru! and you can find classic movies even for $1!
again: this is Peru!  8)
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Keenerat Wal*Mart

I bought a zipper-up hooded sweatshirt (gray in shade) from there once....it's still comfy....

I once met a guy in the middle of an Indiana field, while camping out for a hippy concert....he asked, "Hey ya'll, I am making a run to Wally World, ya'll need a thing?"....

I looked at him and said...."The fuck is "Wally World" Chevy??"

Ravi

Quote from: aclockworkjj
Quote from: Keenerat Wal*Mart

I bought a zipper-up hooded sweatshirt (gray in shade) from there once....it's still comfy....

I once met a guy in the middle of an Indiana field, while camping out for a hippy concert....he asked, "Hey ya'll, I am making a run to Wally World, ya'll need a thing?"....

I looked at him and said...."The fuck is "Wally World" Chevy??"

This reminds me of Onomatopoeia's signature.

Pozer

any of you guys read that article in Spin magazine about the singer of the band "The Used." He was arrested one time (at Blockbuster I think) for stealing a copy of magnolia. I thought that was pretty funny.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwaiWhy does the band name "The Used" sound so familiar? Aha, the lead singer is dating Kelly Osbourne, right?

oh, that explains the name 'The Used'.......