Dawn of the Dead and Irreversible

Started by SubstanceD, February 18, 2003, 04:13:26 PM

Satcho9

Anyone know if and when the US DVD for Irreversible is coming out??

Ernie

^yeah, I definitely want to rent this. Macguffin probably knows, right?

cowboycurtis: I haven't been able to take anything you say seriously since that avatar man...no joke. I'm sorry but...jesus, that messed with my head. I don't think I'm the only one that made it a point never to see that pic ever in their lives...just by reading about it....reading for fuck's sake. I never wanted to imagine what it could possibly be and to think that I actually SAW it...I still get chills.

ghostboy: I heard irreversible had a lot of kubrick references? true or false? Also, is there any other disturbing scenes other than the well-known rape scene and the fire extinguisher scene? Also, do you like irreversible better than memento? Cause I hate memento and was hoping I would like irreversible.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: ebeaman69^yeah, I definitely want to rent this. Macguffin probably knows, right?

cowboycurtis: I haven't been able to take anything you say seriously since that avatar man...no joke. I'm sorry but...jesus, that messed with my head. I don't think I'm the only one that made it a point never to see that pic ever in their lives...just by reading about it....reading for fuck's sake. I never wanted to imagine what it could possibly be and to think that I actually SAW it...I still get chills.

ghostboy: I heard irreversible had a lot of kubrick references? true or false? Also, is there any other disturbing scenes other than the well-known rape scene and the fire extinguisher scene? Also, do you like irreversible better than memento? Cause I hate memento and was hoping I would like irreversible.

someone hacked into my profile and put that avatar on. i posted about it and apologized. do you actually think id willingly put that on my avatar? if so, go fuck yourself.
...your excuses are your own...

Sleuth

I can see how somebody would willingly put it as their avatar (in jest)

I seriously think you guys are too sensitive.  It's been like what, a week already?
I like to hug dogs

cowboykurtis

Quote from: tremoloslothI can see how somebody would willingly put it as their avatar (in jest)

I seriously think you guys are too sensitive.  It's been like what, a week already?

i agree. i constantly get people bitching to me about it. i didnt even see what the image was.  the way they are reacting -- i mine as well be responisible for the fucknig holocaust.

Ghostboy

Quote from: ebeaman69

I like Memento okay, but I think Irreversible is a hell of a lot better. They're not really comparable, though.

Those two scenes you mention are sort of the breaking points of the first half, which is altogether pretty unsettling.

There are some blatant Kubrick homages; if you like the movie, like me, you'll love them. If you don't like the movie, those references will make it seem all the lamer.

And ease up on Cowboykurtis, that avatar clearly wasn't his fault.

Ernie

Quote from: cowboykurtissomeone hacked into my profile and put that avatar on. i posted about it and apologized. do you actually think id willingly put that on my avatar? if so, go fuck yourself.

Ok...ok, I didn't fucking know that. I was hoping you wouldn't be that sick...I'm sorry. It's cool if you had no idea.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: ebeaman69
Quote from: cowboykurtissomeone hacked into my profile and put that avatar on. i posted about it and apologized. do you actually think id willingly put that on my avatar? if so, go fuck yourself.

Ok...ok, I didn't fucking know that. I was hoping you wouldn't be that sick...I'm sorry. It's cool if you had no idea.

all is gravy

cachilders

ghostboy is not alone, it's an incredible movie and it is nothing like memento.
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my
dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a
straight razor, and surviving.

Thecowgoooesmooo

is it just me, but i remember watchin dawn of the dead about a year ago for the 1st time, and i remember seeing a small part of the camera man in the reflection of a mirror, during this scene with the little boy in the room who trys to bite some guy

can anyone confirm this>? or was i imagining things?

chris

dufresne

Quote from: SubstanceD
Also, I was wondering if anybody knew if it is possible to find Irreversible on VCD anywhere?

i know this won't help you, but i was able to d/l a divx file of Irreversible.  no subtitles though.
There are shadows in life, baby.

SubstanceD

theres no artistry or inventiveness behind it. i really dont like films that label themselves as brilliant, simply because they have an unortahdox approach. one of the easiest things to do is break conventions. however, working within conventions and still creating a breath of fresh air is another story. concerning my reaction to the events in the film -- i had none -- i wasnt disturbed or riveted or excited or moved. his filmmaking techniques almost forces you to be AWARE of his process. if you're aware that you're watching a movie, it is not possible to be affected. this guy's a gimick. anyone can shoot violent images of mayhem. however using violence to enhance the natural progression of a story  takes much more skill. i found him to be very irresponisble and infintile at his attempt to make a  film. he wasted 2 hrs of my life.[/quote]

Who says movies have to have artistry or inventiveness to them. Is that what makes a movie good? You just want to disagree for the sake of being unique and special.
Stubborn as a thousand born agains avoiding questions.

cowboykurtis

i never said films HAVE to have inventiveness. but when the first 20 mintues of a film has the camera aimlessly swirling around and around: i find this to be a desperate attempt at TRYING to be ineventive. im not disagreeing just to be unique. its my opinion -- am i not entiltled to that? have you seen the film? if not, dont argue about things you dont know of. and dont tell me what i am. i dont make judgements on you, buddy.