To Newbs, introduce yourself.

Started by Xixax, January 08, 2003, 01:13:48 PM

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: Reelist on July 26, 2012, 11:19:16 AM

I will subscribe to your youtube channel....... WELCOME!

Thanks!... In a day or two, I'll be uploading: "Mark Cousin's THE STORY OF FILM: AN ODYSSEY", all 15 hours of it! It's the Best documentary about Cinema that I've ever seen. A must watch for any Film Lover.
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

Cloudy

Sleepless! That link you posted is fucking amazing. I'd love to have a house where in every room there are a few specific types/formations of clouds hanging around...wow...this is fantastic...I have a few friends that are serious cloud enthusiasts that I'm going to be sharing this with. Thanks again!

Btw, I didn't make a thread about the good 'ol clouds...I made a thread for the short film I got into NYU with titled "Animal Clouds" though. (rejected their offer and going to Berkeley for Architecture instead, realized an undergraduate degree in film won't do much for me.)

Now that I'm back on this thread, Reelist asked to see it: https://vimeo.com/42937382
http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=12204.0

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: CloudAuteur on July 26, 2012, 04:09:48 PM
Sleepless! That link you posted is fucking amazing. I'd love to have a house where in every room there are a few specific types/formations of clouds hanging around...wow...this is fantastic...I have a few friends that are serious cloud enthusiasts that I'm going to be sharing this with. Thanks again!

Btw, I didn't make a thread about the good 'ol clouds...I made a thread for the short film I got into NYU with titled "Animal Clouds" though. (rejected their offer and going to Berkeley for Architecture instead, realized an undergraduate degree in film won't do much for me.)

Now that I'm back on this thread, Reelist asked to see it: https://vimeo.com/42937382
http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=12204.0

Dude... Your short was Fucking amazing... I rarely watch short films that I actually enjoy but this one was truly great. So are you NOT going to NYU? I say, GO!  Be a filmmaker man, you got talent.

One question though, what Camera and what lens did you use to shoot it? Looks sharp.

P.s: Loved the Daniel-Day lewis looking dude and the Punch-drunk love style music.
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

Cloudy

Tyler...you are a fucking generous man...I really don't get enough people (that I don't know personally)especially fellow filmmakers))especially fellow filmmakers with some QUALITY taste in film))) to watch my films, and your comments really, really are so extremely appreciated. Thank you =). I'm glad you caught my PTA homage ;), definitely ridiculously inspired.

I completely agree with you, I also can barely stand the short film format. That's why mine are always so long -____-, I love developing my characters...Sucks for festivals.
I use a Canon 60D with very cheap prime lenses: Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, Canon 50mm f/1.8. The prime lenses are fucking amazing because I only have the resources to shoot with available/natural light (that's how I like it anyways).

I'm not going to NYU in part because after the reassurance of speaking with a few of their professors and students, going to Berkeley for architecture and then going to NYU for grad school afterwards will be the right choice for me. The experience you get in undergrad film is stuff I'm already doing on my own, just like you said in your first post. Only reason I want to go to grad school film is to make a feature film with some NYU resources.

I love architecture and I love Berkeley (PTA actually shot part of The Master in Berkeley), and I find it to be a great compliment to film. I'm going to be making films while I'm there, so in no way am I making a decision to bail on film-making! Hell fucking no. Just not going to undergrad film school. I'm actually currently in post-production for my current 35 min short film.

Thanks again my dude. I'd love to see some of your work. And I've already scoured your YouTube channel in the past few years for all those goodies.

Jeremy Blackman

^ The parentheses in your first paragraph kind of blew my mind.

Pubrick

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on July 26, 2012, 05:59:37 PM
^ The parentheses in your first paragraph kind of blew my mind.

Because) they didn't )make s)ense.)))))

Quote from: CloudAuteur on July 26, 2012, 04:09:48 PM

I think the artist explained that those cloud pics were just a well timed photo of a particular moment in empty rooms with the aid of a smoke machine and humidity control. Meaning they probably only looked like that for about a second and you couldn't really walk around in there with the "clouds" suspended like that.
under the paving stones.

Cloudy

Heh it's one of those mathematical parentheses, completely incoherent for regular writing. But I did it wrong. It has to be like this: (       )        ))         )))

Fucking fuck man...you ruined my day Pubrick. I didn't take the time to read the fine print...

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Jeremy Blackman

72teeth

op! yup... thats why, thanks JB
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Reel

well, while we're chatting it up with cloudy, I just want to ask him: Is this you?

Cloudy

Drenk

Hey ! So, I will introduce myself after Marion Cotillard. It's weird. :)

I'll begin by saying that I'm french, so my english, sometimes (or often, it depends), is bad. And I should feel bad or something. I don't really like Marion Cotillard, maybe because she's the french tourist in Holywood ? Do you feel the same ? There's a film, and she's just here. And she's french. And her character isn't really a character, but she has words to say and stuff. She's not a bad actress, she was good in the new Jacques Audiard; she wasn't just a tourist. So, voilĂ , I had to say it. Not fond of Cotillard. :yabbse-smiley:

My favorite director is Paul Thomas Anderson; James Gray, Terrence Malick, Scorsese, Fincher and all, they're also fine.

Oh, and I want to see The Master. I really, really want to see The Master. :yabbse-smiley:

:yabbse-smiley: : This smiley is pretty strange, I love it.
Ascension.