Movie Quotes You Use Too Much In Real Life

Started by polkablues, April 29, 2010, 06:54:58 PM

mogwai

Gold Trumpet

I'm not much of a quote puller, but I do use, "How goes it?" (SLC Punk!) as my adopted greeting to people. In fact I have used it for so long with so many people that I know a lot of friends who have copied me without realizing where I got it from.

john

Quote from: JG on April 30, 2010, 12:53:19 AM
Recently, .

"I seriously fucked your wife, Larry." (note: in the movie I think its actually," I fucked your wife, Larry! I seriously fucked her!" but isn't slightly misquoting part of the fun?)

Ha.

Every time I can't properly explain something to somebody, I now resort to, "I mean, even I don't understand the dead cat."

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

children with angels

Quote from: JG on April 30, 2010, 12:53:19 AM
"I seriously fucked your wife, Larry."

Haha, how often do you find you have the opportunity to use that one?

Also, on The Room, I've recently taken to greeting friends with a Wiseau-voiced "Oh, hai, [insert name]", particularly my friend Mark.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Pas

Quote from: ©brad on April 29, 2010, 08:22:21 PM
"What are you, a fuckin' world traveler?" (My Cousin Vinny)

My favorite so far!

Ostrich Riding Cowboy

Whenever I see Amanda Seyfried, I have an irresistible urge to say either, "I can put my whole fist in my mouth," "No, you have your cousins and then your first cousins...," or "It's sixty-eight degrees and there's a...thirty percent chance that it's already raining."

From Cold Comfort Farm: Well the gang's all here, isn't it? I don't suppose there are any sandwiches?
DIDI: I missed you . . . and at the same time I was happy. Isn't that a strange thing?

Pas

Quote from: A. Yzsaakc on April 30, 2010, 09:31:59 AM
Whenever I see Amanda Seyfried,

In movies or in real life?

What, maybe this noob is super cool and popular in Hollywood. Anyway, welcome man, don't think I've seen your other posts. EDIT: wow you've been here more than 5 years  :shock:

socketlevel

i'd say the two i use the most are both from the big lebowski

"that's interesting man. that's fucking interesting."

and

"...really ties the room together."

both are said usually out of context.
the one last hit that spent you...

MacGuffin

I tend to do Barry Egan's "Yeah... no" a lot.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

"Out lives are in your hands and you have butter fingers?"

Or, more commonly "Clever girl..."
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

polkablues

Quote from: Sleepless on April 30, 2010, 01:06:10 PM
Or, more commonly "Clever girl..."

That's a good one. I have to admit I've used that on a number of occasions.
My house, my rules, my coffee

children with angels

Exclamations of "GAME OVER, man!" in response to petty shit like not being able to find my keys are a pretty common sound in my life. (Aliens)
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Fernando

prime simpsons are highly quotable.

i cant find the quote in english but it's from this scene:

Preparing for Lurleen's television debut, Homer struggles with his string-tie.  Marge notes that while Homer and Lurleen were out judging a greased pig contest, Maggie cut her first tooth.  But Homer isn't listening. Colonel Homer S03E20

when march says "you're not listening!" I quote homer's answer in spanish: claro que podrá! (of course she will!). I use it when I don't want to answer.

Pozer

when someone(s) doesnt respond to my text quick enough, i send another one saying, "is anybody listenin' ta me?"

Ostrich Riding Cowboy

Quote from: Pas on April 30, 2010, 09:42:26 AM
Quote from: A. Yzsaakc on April 30, 2010, 09:31:59 AM
Whenever I see Amanda Seyfried,

In movies or in real life?

What, maybe this noob is super cool and popular in Hollywood. Anyway, welcome man, don't think I've seen your other posts. EDIT: wow you've been here more than 5 years  :shock:

In a world of Semantics Nazis like you, it's a wonder that anyone posts anything anywhere. </partial irony>
DIDI: I missed you . . . and at the same time I was happy. Isn't that a strange thing?