Criterion Tati re released anytime soon?

Started by tpfkabi, January 08, 2003, 10:50:53 PM

Ernie

Don't attack me but...I'm seriously thinking about selling my two Tati DVD's (Mon Oncle and Vacances of M. Hulot) on Ebay for a relatively cheap price of about 45-50 dollars. That's pretty cheap for an out of print criterion and I really don't think I'm going to change my mind about whether or not I like them. They were too slow. I respect the visual timing and the meticulous set ups and everything, the movie was just too damn slow. Nothing compared to Truffaut and Godard, they will always be the masters of french cinema...so fucking talented.

Duck Sauce

Ernie

Quote from: Duck Sauceebeaman, why did you buy them then?

Honestly...Paul's recommendation alone. At the time, I had seen and loved a lot of his recommendations so I figured I would love Tati. His enthusiasm when he recommends a movie is just so overpowering, I always give in and buy them. Sometimes I rent them, when I can, but usually I buy them. I couldn't have rented Tati anywhere if I wanted to anyway, none of his movies are available at Blockbuster or even Netflix. It's not a big deal, I have no problem selling two mint condition OOP criterions man, you know what I'm talking about. Those are easy to sell on ebay. I'm going to make an unbelievable profit. I'm almost glad I bought them now.

tpfkabi

Dear Thomas,

Criterion's Jacques Tati titles were taken out of print solely due to rights issues. Our distribution licenses expired and, despite our best efforts, we were unable to renew. Therefore, we have no plans for reissue in the foreseeable future.

Thanks for your mail and please feel free to contact me with any future questions or concerns.

Best,
JM

===============================
out of the kindness of your heart....would you consider selling the Tati DVds to me for a small profit?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

tpfkabi

Quote from: bigideas===============================
out of the kindness of your heart....would you consider selling the Tati DVds to me for a small profit?

i didn't know if you caught this since it was at the bottom.
i don't care about Halut, well, i'd like to see it, but i've seen Mon Oncle and i really love it.
anywho, worth a shot i suppose
=)

tpfkabi

i was watching a criterion mon oncle on ebay this week. it was 50 one night and the next morning it was 80.....i wondered if that was yours