Prairie Home Companion rumors....

Started by imawombat, July 18, 2005, 07:12:32 PM

Jeremy Blackman

I wonder if he's still on the set. I could go there and take pictures.

rustinglass

so is he playing chess with woody harrelson? how kubrick-like....
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

The Perineum Falcon

Yeah, he's really trying too hard.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Pozer

How is he trying too hard?  

Y'know, I just think it's cool that he's on the set and contributing to one of his mentors.

b. real

Quote from: Cinephilemy prediction
my prediction is the fagsauce comes thick and deep when ppl are desparate for another flick.  

example a.
pushups are good.

imawombat

Quote from: 72teethplease tell me that's not a kahbala thread on PTA's wrist

no doubt...that is exactly what i was thinking and it had better not be.  

maybe its a rubberband...
these things do happen

Pozer

well the band doesn't appear to be red, so if i had to guess... oh, this is getting gay.

modage

there should probably be a thread in the PT section about PHC or atleast this should be titled as such.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

hedwig

Quote from: flagpolespecial
Quote from: imawombat
Quote from: 72teethplease tell me that's not a kahbala thread on PTA's wrist

no doubt...that is exactly what i was thinking and it had better not be.  

maybe its a rubberband...

what's a kahbala thread?

"The red thread is one of the symbol of the Kabbalah, the spiritual movement rooted in Jewish mysticism .Thanks to Madonna the red thread is also becoming a very popular fashion item. One of the form necessary for the building of the holy sanctuary was red thread. The dye for the red thread came from a type of Worm. Rabbi S. R. Hirsch pint out that the worm was the lowliest form of life and yet it was intrinsic to the building of the sanctuary. the red string is thought by Some to ward off the 'evil eye.' Each time a person looks at the string he is remained that a person is really as lowly as a worm. This Humility is the ultimate weapon against the 'evil eye.'"

--- from here

JG

recent posts on the new PTA site indicate that Altman thinks PTA's pictures are better than his, and that he feels lucky to have him on set.  

wow.

Stefen

He's just old and senile. He doesn't know what the fucks going on.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Brazoliange

it doesn't seem that far from the truth... what classic Altman have I missed out on?
Long live the New Flesh

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Brazoliangeit doesn't seem that far from the truth... what classic Altman have I missed out on?

i dont mean to be rude but -

how the fuck is anyone supposed to know what altman films you've seen or haven't seen? thus knowing what film's you've "missed out on"?

lets think about this for a second and see if I have a point
...your excuses are your own...

Brazoliange

hah. I deserved that I guess.

The Player
Long live the New Flesh

RegularKarate

That's the only one you've seen?
Or the only one you haven't seen?

If it's the only one you've seen, then might as well see a couple more to tell whether or not you like "Altman films" since you have no idea what one is based on just one out of FIFTY SEVEN MOVIES!!!!

If it's the latter, then you might as well see it since you've bothered watching FIFTY SIX OF HIS MOVIES!!!!