Grizzly Bear

Started by Reinhold, August 12, 2007, 02:29:55 PM

Reinhold

This was the band (other than Califone) that I was anticipating the most before Pitchfork. Despite sound trouble at that show, they are the band I am most anticipating seeing again. Their 2006 album, Yellow House, is phenomenal.

I've been hearing "Knife" and "Plans" in my head throughout the day lately, and I seem to gravitate to this album since I got it.

"Plans" is really amazing. I really think they nailed this mood and tone of the word. For me, it feels like it could score a subplot in Herzog's Aguirre or something.

In general, I think that they have some of the best-named songs of any band I've come across in recent memory (Califone is also up there).

If there is another stand-out track, it's "Little Brother."  This song really struck me hard. I think it perfectly conveys contemplation of a little brother from an older sibling's perspective. My little brother is six right now, and the beginning of the song pretty much perfectly captured my experience with him so far. As the song progressed I felt like I was taking part in an interactive montage watching my little brother grow up.

This album is spectacular  (and so is the band shirt that promotes this album).

There's even a rumor that it syncs up with City of Lost Children
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

w/o horse

http://www.grizzly-bear.net/audio/

All of Yellow House is available for listening here.

It's a really amazing album.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Stefen

It took me about a year to get Yellow House.

:bravo:
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

samsong

Stefen

Quote from: samsong on September 24, 2008, 01:54:35 AM

That's pretty much my favorite grizzly bear song ever and this version is awesome. There are tons of covers of that song on Youtube. Some bad, some good.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Reinhold

any nyc xixaxers checking out the grizzly bear show at the bowery ballroom on friday?
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Stefen

So I HATE the new albums title. I'm not too fond of the artwork, either, but it could be worse.

I'm sure the album will be awesome, but that title is dumb.

I really can't wait to hear this.

Gamblour.

I just listened to Yellow House, and it was amazing.
WWPTAD?

tpfkabi

this leaked so early it seems like it's supposed to have come out months ago...

the songs i have heard sound pretty dope though.

i still need to get Dept of Eagles but i'll have to order it online.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Stefen

I haven't listened. It leaked in such shitty quality that I won't even bother. These guys to me are a headphones album. They have so many layers and their music is so beautiful that you have to hear it in good quality ESPECIALLY for the first time. I waited a week and there wasn't a better leak, I waited a month and there wasn't a better leak. Now we're on the eve of the actual release date and there still isn't a better leak. So say my anticipation has dropped immensely for this would be an understatement.

It sucks. It was one of my most anticipated albums of the year but there has been so much good shit that has come out already that I just don't care about this album any more.

Pedro

That's a bummer, but once you get it in good quality, smoke a bowl, and listen to it with your headphones you will enjoy yourself.  Sometimes lower anticipation makes for a better experience.  Look at it that way.

squints

Two Weeks is one of the best songs i've heard in a really long time. So far though, I'm diggin the dept. of eagles album more than this.

Quote from: Stefen on May 08, 2009, 12:25:44 PM
It sucks. It was one of my most anticipated albums of the year but there has been so much good shit that has come out already that I just don't care about this album any more.

So far this year LP version 2009?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

modage

i think the 320 is finally finally finally out there.  stefen, can you confirm?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pedro

v0 is floating around too (at least at waffles).