sigur ros & mogwai

Started by abbey road, May 20, 2003, 11:21:23 AM

meatwad

Quote from: b. realthey both could make a score.
they have. they wrote the score for an animated short called loch ness kelpie

you can watch a clip from it

and since this is a mogwai AND sigur ros thread, is a link to a remix mogwai did for bloc party. it is for the song "plans"

rustinglass

the band amina are opening for sigur ros in lisbon in november.
are they any good?
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Sigur Rós

Quote from: rustinglassthe band amina are opening for sigur ros in lisbon in november.
are they any good?

I think they are just playing the strings...

Pubrick

Quote from: sigurrós
Quote from: rustinglassthe band amina are opening for sigur ros in lisbon in november.
are they any good?

they've been the support act for the whole tour as far as i know. they are nice, like múm without the voices.
under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: sigurrós
are they any good?

they've been the support act for the whole tour as far as i know. they are nice, like múm without the voices.

oh, when I saw them they were just playing the strings for Sigur Rós. But that was in 2003 and 04. I missed their show in Denmark this year because I was in Iceland...

MattDead

Has anyone heard Takk yet?  

It is one of the most amazing things I have heard in years.  It's quite possibly a masterpiece.   September 11th I think it comes out in the states.  hmm.. oh well... amazing.
Matt2Media
www.matt2media.com

Pubrick

Quote from: matt2mediaHas anyone heard Takk yet?
has anyone read the thread yet?

welcome to xixax, introduce urself.
under the paving stones.

MattDead

Sorry, it was more of a rhetorical question, I guess, but I was just giving my review.

P.S. I just intro'd.
Matt2Media
www.matt2media.com

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Matt, meet Pubrick. Purbick, Matt.

Welcome to Hell, Matt.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Gamblour.

Just saw sigur ros live. Christ, it was one of the coolest concerts, if only for the way they ending with Popplagio. The two coolest moments were when he sang into the guitar on svefn-g-englar and this humongous pause in one of the songs off of ( ), but I could be wrong about that. It was just so peaceful and quiet. Like the audience was dancing with or making a move on the band and both were taking a break to consider what was happening. Fucking awesome.
WWPTAD?

Myxo

Fuck!

The 9/28 show is SOLD OUT in Portland. I totally forgot about their tour.

Gotta buy them off E-Bay now. I will go see this show. Don't care what it costs.

the glosoli video is now up in their uk website:

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/dldvideo.html

it almost made me cry. almost. almost...
context, context, context.

The Perineum Falcon

Damn my dial-up! how it taunts me so, with it's successful attempts at non-motion video, and how sad that makes me.  :cry:
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

72teeth

SPOILER

Quote from: cronopiothe glosoli video is now up in their uk website:

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/dldvideo.html

it almost made me cry. almost. almost...

Wow...the best version of Peter Pan there never was... :bravo:
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza