The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

ono

I don't think that's necessarily a good thing.  A lesser artist does it, and people cry foul.

theyarelegion

that's from the draft that leaked before, it's maybe not even in the revised script...
still interesting, if any just to maybe see a very general idea as to what route he could be taking
and I don't think that's a bad route to take at all

Pubrick

Quote from: ono on July 20, 2011, 11:25:06 AMA lesser artist does it, and people cry foul.

Are you serious? Lesser artists are obviously fucking idiots.

Oh no, Mr. Kubrick, please don't reference Nietzche, Jung or Homer, lesser artists have done it! The lesser artists have done it, whatever shall we do? Oh dear me I'm going to fucking shit myself because lesser artists have tried to do something that only a great artist can pull off.. such as make allusions to classic works of literature as a way of establishing core themes and suggesting a wider scope for the piece of art at hand.

Gosh, whatever possessed him to do a thing like that. He's clearly jumped the whale.
under the paving stones.

squints

its clearly plagiarism. paul should be kicked out of university.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

socketlevel

This is the name of the game people, time to get over it.

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
the one last hit that spent you...

Jeremy Blackman

There are varying degrees, but yeah, pretty much everything in every art form has major, nameable influences, even going very far back in history.

Reel

so the fuck what, one of his characters reads Herman Melville, and?

Derek

Complete over-reaction to a small post.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Pozer

theyarelegion

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

P Heat

http://www.honolulupulse.com/movies-tv/outtakes-online-oscar-winning-director-needs-extras

I wish i was a thin white male age 18-30 :yabbse-undecided:

A WWII scene is something I've always wondered in P.T will do and now this is going to happen. Awesome.
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

Pubrick

Oscar winning director?

Sure, why not.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

A PTA WWII scene does sound pretty awesome and new. Even if it's just a bunch of crew cutted white dudes sitting on a beach smoking cigarettes.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

P Heat

if he's not shooting in Cali, he's in Hawaii -.-.

I have a feeling Inherent Vice will be the same....
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P