Have you ever met a famous person/samsong?

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 12, 2003, 01:31:47 PM

MacGuffin

Depp Best, Diaz Worst for Autographs

Johnny Depp has the write stuff when it comes to signing autographs while Cameron Diaz is the worst, according to a new list Friday from Autograph Collector magazine.

Depp, followed by George Clooney, topped the magazine's 14th annual survey of Hollywood's best and worst signers. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star also was rated best last year.

"Many stars become bad signers once fame and fortune hits, but not Depp. He's even signed autographs for crowds at the airport while carrying luggage," said Steve Cyrkin, editor and publisher of the Santa Ana, Calif.-based magazine.

As for Clooney, "he'll joke as he signs, and make fun of how he looks in photos he's handed to autograph," Cyrkin said.

When it comes to her moniker, however, Diaz gets a flunking grade.

"Cameron Diaz may be a talented actress, but she's persistently a terrible signer. Instead of just turning down a person's autograph request, she'll lecture them about how dumb autographs are," Cyrkin said.

Russell Crowe would have been named as the best of the worst but in recent months he has been much nicer to fans, Cyrkin said in a telephone interview Friday.

Cyrkin said the list, which appears in the magazine's June issue, was based on information from a professional autograph collector and an enthusiastic amateur who is a journalist.

"They're the guys who want to get five or 10 or 12 of everything but they do see people" and know the "track records" of the stars, he said.

"It's looking at the spirit of the way they sign," Cyrkin said. "It's how they treat their fans."

Here is the list of 10 best and 10 worst Hollywood autograph signers for 2006, according to the magazine:

Best

1. Johnny Depp
2. George Clooney
3. Matt Damon
4. Al Pacino
5. Tom Cruise
6. Angelina Jolie
7. Elijah Wood
8. Brittany Murphy
9. Jack Nicholson
10. Clint Eastwood

Worst

1. Cameron Diaz
2. Bruce Willis
3. Demi Moore
4. Tobey Maguire
5. Alan Alda
6. Halle Berry
7. Winona Ryder
8. Teri Hatcher
9. Joaquin Phoenix
10. Russell Crowe
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

i heard that russell crowe only signs casts to legs he's broken. anyway, i wasn't surprised by the worst list. i'm only surprised that cruise is in the 5th place in the good list. am i right people?

squints

who in the hell wants teri hatcher's autograph anyway?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Reinhold

Quote from: squints on May 14, 2006, 01:01:30 PM
who in the hell wants teri hatcher's autograph anyway?

"wow! is that teri hatcher autograph real?"
"it's real. and it's spectacular."
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

polkablues

Quote from: MacGuffin on May 14, 2006, 11:10:03 AM
"Cameron Diaz may be a talented actress, but she's persistently a terrible signer. Instead of just turning down a person's autograph request, she'll lecture them about how dumb autographs are," Cyrkin said.

To be honest, my respect for Cameron Diaz actually bumped up a notch right there.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gold Trumpet

I'm surprised Bruce Willis is in the worst list. As Michael Wilbon would say, 'he's my boy!'.

Pubrick

Quote from: polkablues on May 15, 2006, 01:25:43 AM

To be honest, my respect for Cameron Diaz actually bumped up a notch right there.
why? cos she thinks she's saving the world?

and so the list grows..
under the paving stones.

Fernando

Quote from: mogwai on May 14, 2006, 12:22:29 PM
i'm only surprised that cruise is in the 5th place in the good list. am i right people?

Is it too high or too low for you? If anything I'd say he's too low, I've only read good things about the guy, he's been in México City two times and in both he's been greeting fans and signing stuff for over two hours before the premier of his flim, so I'm not surprised he's there.

mogwai

polkablues

Quote from: Pubrick on May 15, 2006, 04:53:34 AM
Quote from: polkablues on May 15, 2006, 01:25:43 AM

why? cos she thinks she's saving the world?

No, because autographs are really, really, re-e-e-a-a-a-lllllllllllly dumb.

hedwig

the dumbness of autographs is beside the point. it's a relatively harmless gesture. cameron's just being really, really, re-e-e-a-a-a-lllllllllllly self-righteous.

when i say really, really, re-e-e-a-a-a-lllllllllllly out loud, i really, really, re-e-e-a-a-a-lllllllllllly sound like jim carrey.

polkablues

True.  I would prefer that, rather than lecturing, Cammy would just kick people in the shins when they asked for autographs.  It would be quicker, more effective, and fun to watch.

Pubrick

haha, you sound like you've been hounded by the paparazzi or someshit. now that'd be an annoying gesture, the invasion of privacy and all that which comes with being a rich celebrity. she sounds self-righteous and condescending. i'd never ask for an autograph because it's lame, but why is she lecturing people about it? oh right, because she's jesus fucking bono and was on that mtv show where she got sand in her brain. that was funny.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

I just hope that some of these people will have the sudden realization: "My god, I'm being lectured to by the star of The Sweetest Thing... I need to seriously reevaluate my life."

Reinhold

i saw tim burton on 42nd street today. i said hi, but he didn't say anything to me. i didn't say it very loud, and he probably would've ignored me anyway. meh.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.