Help for script: How would you actively seek out Conflict?

Started by Raikus, August 07, 2003, 11:51:37 AM

kotte

FADE IN.

INT. MOM'S BEDROOM - EVENING
ANITA (40s) sits on her bed with her hands together. She prays.

JIM, a 6 year old boy, comes in. Anita looks at him and smiles.

JIM
                   Mom, I know what I wanna
                   do in my life.

ANITA
                   What, honey? Something
                   grand I guess?

JIM
                   Yes...mom, I wanna marry
                   a rich lady and then I wanna
                   fuck her to death.

CUT TO:

Should say, works best with Emiliana Torrini's 'To Be Free'. Should also say, his happened to my mom. My brother is an ass...

Cecil

Anachronism

Well my first suggestion is pretty weak but who knows it may work stylistically. If your character were to systematically break all 10 of the commandments (out of religious context) he would create some major freaking conflict. So he could start out alphabetically and start to break them until such a time as conflict sprung up. He could then stop the cycle knowing that he had found the conflict he so badly needed to define. As a twist you could have him unable to stop the cycle half-finished as it has transcended into more of a piece of observatory art now whereby the canvas is as yet unfinished. Tragedy ensues, but ultimate understanding (buddhist refernce to moksha perhaps) is achieved upon dying. The mortal coil has been shirked and the soul has known what it was to be human outside of the domain of prescribed stereotpypical values.

My second one is he hosts a pet-peeves website (inspired by the earlier thread) and have a rating system for the top 10, then use them on the same person till they snapped.

Undoubtedly meager material, my deepest apologies. Perhaps it will help as a stimuli though, good luck.