Next in line for Soderbergh

Started by ©brad, January 30, 2003, 12:59:19 PM

©brad

In Total Film magazine, an in depth interview w/ Soderbergh and his films, he had this to say about his new stuff.

SS: "Well, I'm writing a book about The Sopranos and I'm involved in a project called Eros, a kind of triptych movie with Antonioni, Won Kar-wai and me shooting a segment each. It'll be fun- it's only a five-day shoot- but it's already eating into my vacation. So much for me taking a year off to clear my head...

other interesting stuff from the interview-

TF: So is Ocean's Twelve a goer then?
SS: Oh, yeah! I know there's a better version of this movie to be had. When we were coming back from doing press in December 2001, I asked everybody if the idea appealed and they were cool. But they had to make a promise: that is, we're gonna be the first sequel in history that costs exactly the same and the first one. And since the scale of the sequel's gonna be even bigger, they're all gonna have to take an even bigger pay cut than last time. But I think somebody needs to do this- stop the idea that the second one has to be more expensive.

TF: So it's set in Europe, right?
SS: Yeah, it is. But until I go on a reccie, I haven't settled yet on what those three cities in Europe will be. So, you know, I'm thinking of stopping in Amsterdam for- oooh- about a year... [laughs]

There's more but I am falling asleep as we speak, will do the rest later.

Duck Sauce

Cbrad, always good for Soderbergh updates... Thanks. I like the idea of the sequel costing the same as the first, and I also like how that Oceans 11 group is pretty close and make cameos in each others movies and take big pay cuts.

Satcho9

Soderbergh knows whats up. I guess so much for his "year off"?

©brad

I want to see the Eros project he's doing. I am not aware of Won Kar-wai's work, but I know Antonioni and it should be pretty neato.

polkablues

Quote from: cbrad4dI want to see the Eros project he's doing. I am not aware of Won Kar-wai's work, but I know Antonioni and it should be pretty neato.

Wong Kar-Wai is the man.  Go see "In the Mood for Love" right fucking now.
My house, my rules, my coffee

budgie

Quote from: polkabluesWong Kar-Wai is the man.  Go see "In the Mood for Love" right fucking now.

Fucking right. It'll make you want to bossa nova.

Rudie Obias

Quote from: cbrad4dI want to see the Eros project he's doing. I am not aware of Won Kar-wai's work, but I know Antonioni and it should be pretty neato.

wong kar-wai is great.  he's one of my favorite filmmakers.  watch CHUNGKING EXPRESS (my favorite from his body of work), FALLEN ANGELS, HAPPY TOGETHER and IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE.  his films have an element i really don't see in a lot of american film, energy.

*rudie*
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

MacGuffin

Soderbergh Developing HBO Politics Series

Oscar winner Steven Soderbergh and HBO are developing a television series set in the world of political consulting, says The Hollywood Reporter. HBO is reportedly eyeing a 10-episode commitment to the project, with Soderbergh set to direct the first episode.

The series will be written by filmmaker Henry Bean (The Believer), and it's described as being part scripted, part improv, with current events expected to be woven into the story line. The goal is to shoot each episode one week before it airs to keep the subject matter as current as possible. There is no start date for the project.

Real-life political consultant James Carville, best known as former President Clinton's main campaign strategist, and Michael Deaver, former President Reagan's main media planner during his presidency, are executive producing the project with Soderbergh and George Clooney's Section Eight.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Victor

are you gonna eat with us too?

Duck Sauce

Does this guy not sleep? Why doesnt Soderbergh have his own section?

polkablues

Quote from: Duck SauceDoes this guy not sleep? Why doesnt Soderbergh have his own section?

A damn good question.  

Sphinx?  Jeremy?

Let's make this happen.   8)
My house, my rules, my coffee

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: polkablues
Quote from: Duck SauceDoes this guy not sleep? Why doesnt Soderbergh have his own section?

A damn good question.  

Sphinx?  Jeremy?

Done.  :)

budgie

Quote from: polkablues
Quote from: Duck SauceDoes this guy not sleep?

A damn good question.  

Sphinx?  Jeremy?

I thought Duck was talking about MacGuffin then...

Never mind Soderbergh, I think MacGuffin needs sectioning.

Gold Trumpet

yeah, another useless director thread posted that will recieve hardly any attention.

~rougerum

Xixax

Quote from: The Gold Trumpetyeah, another useless director thread posted that will recieve hardly any attention.

~rougerum
The boards are quite roomy at the moment, but the plan is not for them to stay that way.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]